Chapter 8 - Aftermath

Y/n's POV

Haiz and I were called to the police department. We arrive and were led to a room. We sit down. Hailee grabs my hand and squeezes it reassuring me.

Two officers and a firefighter come into the room.

Detective Lopez: Hey guys, thanks for coming in. I'm detective Angela Lopez, this is Sergeant Tim Bradford and this is Firefighter Lieutenant Bailey Nunes.

Sgt. Bradford: So, we brought you two in to discuss the fire that happened this morning. Lieutenant Nunes is here to give us some details.

Y/N: A detective? What was this fire? Arson?

Lt. Nunes: Based on what we saw after the fire was put out, we are suspecting it's arson.

I look down in disbelief. I don't believe it's arson. Who would want to hurt my parents? Maybe they were trying to hurt me, but they didn't know I moved away?

Hailee: What can we do to help?

Det. Lopez: Well, let's start with this, Mr. Y/N/L, could you think if anyone who would want to hurt your parents?

Y/N: N-no...

There's a knock on the door and an officer comes in

??: Hey Tim, I need you outside for a second please.

The Sgt. Leaves the room.

Lt. Nunes: Y/N, how long have you and your family lived at that house?

Y/N: Well, my family and I moved there when I was 13. I've been living there on and off due to my work.

Lt. Nunes: Did you and your family ever make any renovations to the house?

Y/N: No, we didn't.

Sergeant Bradford comes back into the room with a folder. He places it on the table and Detective Lopez opens it. I'm unable to see what's in the folder but I see Detective Lopez's facial expression change. I look at Hailee and she's still holding my hand. She gives off a light smile and squeezes my hand again.

Det. Lopez: Y/N, did you and your parents have anyone over last night?

Y/N: Uh, no and I don't live at home. I live 3 minutes away down the road. With Hailee.

Det. Lopez: Oh, good to know. That wasn't on file. Okay so, we are going to dig further into this case and get an answer. We might have to call you guys in again.

Hailee: Sounds good, and yeah, we'll be back if you need us.

We stand up and leave. We hop back into the car go home