Chapter 12 - Getting to the destination

Today Hailee and I are going to go on a hike with her family. We get up early, at 5am to get ready to leave. The drive there is 2 hours and the hike up is 6 hours. We're all athletic people and enjoy the outdoors so this is perfect family time.

We decide to stop at McDonald's to get some breakfast to go and we're off to the hike. I start to feel the nerves running through my body as I prepare for what's to come.

Hailee is sitting beside me, we're holding hands and she's looking out the window, facing away from me. I look at her and smile.

We hear a little wimper in the car and it's of course Martini, Hailee and I's doggy. Hailee picks her up and puts her on her lap. Hailee pets Martini and I reach over to do the same. Hailee and I look at each other and smile. She quickly lays down and falls asleep on Hailee's lap.

After half an hour into the drive, Hailee lays her head on my shoulder and falls asleep. Griffin, who's holding my ring for me, takes this opportunity to show her parents the ring. They were awesome at being quiet and her dad gives me a thumbs up of approval. Her mom, who's in the passenger seat turns around, looks excited and silently cheers.