Chapter 18

Hey loves! This chapter contains some specific detail about the Great War. Please be advised that there will be blood and uh... blades, and blades going into uh...things? Yeah, so read at your own risk. If you choose to skip this part, that's okay, I'll throw in a quick recap at the beginning of the next chapter. Thank y'all for being so patient with me and for reading this story, even when I had abandoned it for nearly two years <3

~~~~~~~

"Wait," Aziraphale interjected, "so... you knew that the rebellion was going to happen. Why hadn't you told the Lord what was going to happen?"

"Well, the Lord knows all, doesn't She? What would be the point in me telling Her something She already knows?" I shrugged, rubbing my thumb over Crowley's knuckles again. He gave my hand a small squeeze again, making me look into his gorgeous golden eyes. "Besides... I nearly joined the rebellion because of this silly serpent in front of me. But I'm getting ahead of myself."

The next few hours were filled with concern and uncertainty. I had no idea when the rebellion was going to begin, and I had no idea if my angel had been forced to talk to Lucifer again. If the Lord knows all, why hasn't She said anything to Lucifer about what he's doing?

"(Y/N)!" I suddenly here from the other side of the door of my Laboratory, to which I swiftly run over to unlock it. On the other side was my red-haired angel, looking panicked and out of breath. "It's happening, I- I- I can't stop it, he's trying to overthrow Mother."

I raise my hands to my mouth, shocked that Lucifer is actually going through with his plan. "Then you have to leave. Go somewhere else, go to Alpha Centauri, or- or Lupus! Get out of here."

"But I can't just leave you."

"But Lucifer will never leave you alone. And I can't lose you either. We'll see each other again someday, I promise." I whisper, cupping my angel's cheek. "Just go."

He looks me in my eyes, his eyes shifting focus between both of mine. "I can't. I have to protect you."

"____, please! Why won't you leave?"

"Because I love you! I cant let anything happen to you, (y/n). You're everything to me." The red-haired angel said as he held me in his arms.

"____, you've found her then?" My head whips toward the doorway to see Lucifer.

"What? _____ what is he talking about?" I look at my angel who's glaring at Lucifer.

"I need you on my side." Lucifer directed to me.

"Me? Didn't I tell you no?"

"No, Lucifer. You're not having her and now you dont have me on your side either." ____ growled at him.

Lucifer's face twisted into a scowl. "Let the lady speak." He looked at me again with a face of such beauty and kindness. It's hard to believe that he is the cause of this turmoil. "Dont you ever have questions? Do you want more than just your one job up here?"

I bit my lip. I have had questions before obviously, but I figured I could just ask Mother and she could tell me as long as I'm not pressing too hard.

"I'm fine where I am, Lucifer." I started softly. "Of course I have questions. But I want peace and obviously you want the opposite. We're supposed to be a family..."

The angel holds my hand tightly as we watch Lucifer's face go from graceful and beautiful to one of pure anger. "You will join me, (Y/N). If you want to live."