Chapter 7

After a little while, we reached the bandstand. I stood sort of off to the side, looking around as Aziraphale and Crowley talked.

I sighed as I listened to the two bicker. Aziraphale was talking about how he doesn't know where the Antichrist is, but by his nervous tone it's obvious that he does. But he doesn't want to say... why?

"We're on our side! Me, you and (y/n)!" Crowley hissed, a hint of anger and hurt in his voice.

"There is no 'our side,' Crowley. Not anymore. We're through!" Aziraphale stated, biting his lip a little. God he's so bad at this. He looks like a kicked puppy.

"We-We could run away together! Travel the stars!" Crowley stated exhasperated.

"Azi..." I sighed, knowing his resolve was slowly breaking but it wouldn't be enough.

That's when Aziraphale said the most painful words to Crowley and I.

"We aren't even friends!" The lowest blow in history.

I snarled as I felt the pain Crowley was immediately hit with. I marched up to them and got real close to Aziraphale's face.

"Six thousand years, Zira! Don't do this now. We all need to work together, please." I growled. But it was like I was invisible. The boys both walked away in different directions, both clearly emotional. "Crowley! Aziraphale! You both better get your asses back over here before I slap you both into discorporation!"

My shouting was to no avail. They were upset with each other, and their relationship torn apart. So where do I go?

I sighed and walked after Crowley, knowing he needs me now more than ever. He was leaning against his Bentley, seemingly waiting for me. As soon as I got close, he looked up, his sunglasses off so I could see all of the emotion in his eyes.

He looks so hurt... I can't stand to see him like this.

As soon as I get within arms reach, I pull him into a hug. He stiffens for a second, obviously surprised, but he hugs me back tightly, a small sniffle coming from him.

"It's okay, Crowley. We'll fix it. I promise." I whispered, running one of my hands though his short hair and tangling them in it.

He just held me tighter for a few more seconds before releasing me. "Do you have anywhere to stay, (y/n)?"

I sighed and shook my head. "Honestly I thought I'd just be in my fox form at night and find a den. I did it in the past."

He frowned at me and put his sunglasses back on, motioning for me to get in the car. "Stay with me, just until you're ready to go back to Australia."

I tilted my head, a ghost of a smile on my lips.

"Who says I'm going back?"

Although he didn't show it, I could tell that made him happy. I'm not leaving ever again... not when he needs me.

I got in the car and he got in as well, driving back to his apartment.

"Hell has probably heard by now." I stated softly, my face filling with worry. "They'll come for you when they realize the boy who was flown to meet the four horsemen is the wrong one."

He nodded, pressing on the gas more as he gulped nervously. "I have some... protection of sorts. Leave it to me, love."

I tilted my head as I looked at him but nodded. It wasn't long until we got back to the apartment, 'Bohemian Rhapsody' blaring on the speakers. Obviously I couldn't help but to sing along to every word, forgetting Crowley was next to me.