Chapter 16

Hello!

Sorry for the uh.. more than a year long hiatus. I've been so busy lately and life has been hectic lol. I am (hopefully) back full time though! :)

please enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Crowley's face pales a little but he doesn't move. Honestly, I thought he went into shock. His lips part and he tries to speak but all that comes out is nonsense noise as he tries to find the correct words.

I back out of his grasp and rub my arm nervously. I look down at my lap and chew on my lip as I wait for some kind of response. I glance at Aziraphale briefly to see his face full of surprise.

"Y-You what?" Crowley finally manages to ask, sitting back from his previous position as he stared at me with hurt.

"I didn't know, Crowley." I whisper, tears in my eyes. "I was asking questions, you were much closer to God than I was and you offered to ask for me! How was I supposed to know asking questions would be wrong?"

"Maybe," he starts with a deadly calm voice that sends shivers down my spine, "you should have kept pestering her instead of asking me to! You didnt think that you might not have been getting answers for a reason?"

I can't answer. I have tears running silently down my face but I don't dare to look up at him.

"I trusted you. I thought you were the one thing in my life who wouldn't hurt me but you already did! In the worst way you could too!" Crowley stands up and runs a hand through his hair as he paces in front of me and Aziraphale.

My shoulders shake a little as I try my hardest to conceal my sobs. I take a moment to try to be able to control my voice and keep it even, "I-I never meant to hurt you, Crowley. I would never."

"But you did!" He snarls as he faces me. "You are the reason I'm like this. Why I'm a demon. Why couldn't that have been yo-"

"Enough!" Aziraphale stands and holds his hands out like he's trying to push away our anger from him. "Crowley, if you would, please sit and calm down."

Crowley glares at him and the angel glares right back, a look that's all-too-familiar for me but not for them, not yet. After a few moments of their glaring, the serpent huffs and slouches his shoulders as he sits back down. I get a large pang of guilt and pain as I watch the demon reach into his pocket and grab a pair of his sunglasses, hiding his eyes from me. Something he hasn't done in a very long time because of the trust the two of us shared...

"Now I'm sure that (y/n) didn't want to hurt you. From how she talks about you now and you before, she would never. Not intentionally." The angel looks at me and smiles. "And you, my dear, go do whatever you need to do in order to calm down."

I nod and wipe my eyes, sniffling a little as I let out a short choked sob. I walk out of the room and shift into my fox form, curling into myself as I jump onto mine and Crowley's bed and lay on his pillow, breathing in the scent of my serpent.

Crowley's POV

I don't hate her. I don't. I just have to remind myself that and then everything will be okay. But why would she be the reason I fell? It doesn't make sense.

"You-" Aziraphale gave me another glare that made me get a small sense of déjà vu for some strange reason, "You idiot! She loves you with all of her heart, can you not see that?"

"I know, I know," I sigh, moving my glasses so I can rub at my eyes in frustration with myself. "I didn't mean anything I said. This is just a lot for me to take in. This is my backstory, angel."