Chapter 10

"So, Anakin, do you happen to have any idea how we're here?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Um... actually, no. But I do know where we are. And when we are. And who all these people are, so..." Anakin shrugged sheepishly. "There's not really an easy way to explain this."

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow in that way he always did when he was preparing to hear about one of Anakin's shenanigans. "Try your best," he told him firmly.

"Hey, first things first, this one's not my fault," Anakin said defensively. "It is 100% the Force's fault."

"The Force's fault." Obi-Wan still didn't believe him, sitting there waiting for an explanation.

Anakin sighed and just decided to rip the band-aid off. "We time traveled," he explained. "That's an older version of you." He pointed to the other Obi-Wan, who waved sheepishly. "That's my kids." Anakin pointed to Luke and Leia. "And the pilots out there are members of the Rebel Alliance, which is working against the galactic Sith Empire. We recently blew up this enormous battle station - like, enormous . The size of a full-on moon . And it could destroy planets, master!"

Obi-Wan's eyes were wide. "Are you actually trying to convince me that we time traveled?"

Anakin sighed. "Of course you'd think I'm pranking you. Honestly, I brought that on myself, and I understand that with my personal record this has got to be hard to believe, but come on, you and I can't really lie to each other. Our Force bond is too strong."

Through the remainder of that Force bond, which he also had with the older Obi-Wan, he felt the older Obi-Wan's extreme sadness at watching his younger self interact with Anakin like this. Anakin supposed after your padawan turns to the dark side, a reminder that your bond with him used to be so strong you always knew when the other was lying would probably be painful.

"I sense that you're telling the truth," Obi-Wan said incredulously, sitting back. "But that just means that you believe it. It doesn't mean it's actually true . These could be Separatists, attempting to mess with our minds."

"For what purpose, exactly?" Anakin asked. Obi-Wan was then silent. "Listen, I just flew into a space battle in a fighter that definitely had technology I'd never seen before. And definitely blew up an enormous space station unlike anything that existed in our time. Actually, Luke was the one who actually blew it up." He nodded to his son. "He's pretty awesome. And he's strong in the Force, since, you know, he's my son."

Obi-Wan looked over at Luke and Leia. "They're both your children?"

"Yeah, I know, Luke looks a lot more like me than Leia does, but I think Luke has more of Padmé's personality. Leia's got my personality, I think, with Padmé's looks."

"I've never actually seen a real holo of Senator Amidala or anything - I think I've seen a painting that was meant to depict her, but that was it. Do I really look that much like her?" Leia looked incredibly excited at the prospect.

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow at Anakin, this time for another reason. He didn't say anything, waiting for Anakin to figure it out.

Oh.

"Uh, yeah..." Anakin laughed nervously. "Padmé and I are kind of, well..."

"Anakin, I knew you had feelings for her. You never even tried to hide it," Obi-Wan lectured. "But do you seriously have so little control -"

"We were married! Sometimes married couples have kids, it's a thing that happens." Anakin crossed his arms.

Obi-Wan was almost as incredulous at this as he was about the time travel. " Married? Anakin we are in a war , when did you even find time to get married?"