Chapter 12

"Are you still tracking him?" Luke asked as Anakin flew the ship above the surface of the planet.

"Yeah," Anakin said, eyes closed and concentrating. "It was easier to sense a general direction, but I think..." Anakin steered a little. "I think at this rate we will eventually run into him."

"Uh, Anakin?" Han pointed. "That looks like a crashed Imperial fighter. We must be getting close."

"I still think this is quite possibly the worst plan Anakin has ever attempted," Obi-Wan said with a sigh.

"I feel the need to once again remind you that this whole operation was your idea." Anakin rolled his eyes. "Do you think we should land next to the crashed ship and start walking and hope I go the same direction my Sith self would, or should we–"

Suddenly the whole ship lurched, being drawn backward by an invisible Force of some kind. Everyone on board panicked. "There's nothing wrong with the controls!" Anakin said frantically as he pushed buttons and levers and tried to get the ship to continue flying normally. But when he finally gave up, the ship continued to move backwards in a controlled descent, without any of Anakin's doing.

"We're not getting sucked into another realm that doesn't exist, are we?" Anakin checked with a grimace, looking to Obi-Wan. "I'm not in the mood to tame Force deities today with my 'Chosen One' powers."

"Oh, so Mortis did actually happen. That wasn't just a strange vision I had with a meaning I couldn't decipher." Obi-Wan sighed. "Maybe I really am a Skywalker."

"Welcome to the family, master," Anakin said with a warm smile, patting Obi-Wan on the back. Obi-Wan groaned.

The ship hit the ground - or, well, landed, if a bit crudely. It was not Anakin's doing, but rather maybe some sort of force from behind them?

Then the doors opened and oh.

"It appears that Sith Me has pulled us back with the Force," Anakin announced for everyone in the ship who maybe had slight vision problems and wasn't seeing the seven foot tall dark lord standing in front of them.

At the sight of them, Vader lost his menacing posture and almost slumped. "Oh, Force. It's you guys." It was an odd sound to hear coming through his vocoder, but he was definitely whining.

"So, master, this was your idea, you execute it." Anakin pushed Obi-Wan in front of him.

"IMPOSSIBLE!" Vader roared upon seeing the younger version of Obi-Wan.

"Really? That again?" older Obi-Wan chuckled. "You can't possibly be more surprised this time around. If it can happen to you, why can't it happen to me?"

"Alright." Leia began pushing them all towards the doors. "Off the ship, everyone. We're all getting out of here. I've been stuck in this small enclosed space with my dysfunctional family for far too long already." She began shoving all of them out the door, including Darth Vader himself. While her shoving didn't really do much on its own, since he was constructed of heavy metals, the psychological effect of someone actually having the gall to push him did cause Vader to stumble backwards.

Upon exiting the ship, the group promptly realized there was a pack of strange looking creatures kneeling to Vader.

What the kriff.

"Am I the only one wondering what those are?" Han questioned.

"Hyenax," Obi-Wan and older Obi-Wan said at the same time. Once again they shared a look before younger Obi-Wan continued. "They're native to this planet. They can be rather viscious. They travel in packs... where is their leader?"