~ Homesick | Minsung ~

It was a cool summers day in Seoul and Minho was happily cooking Jisung's favourite lunches, for their picnic later. He also made sure to pack a few slices of cheesecake for his love, who was still peacefully sleeping, at his desk having fallen asleep finishing a song last night.

Minho made 'Nasi Dagang' along with 'Roti Canai' using the left over curry and spices from the previously mentioned dish as a dip for the Malaysian flatbread. Typically Minho would make Korean, Japanese and a few western dishes as that was what he was used to making but he took the time to learn Malaysian recipes as his love had previously mentioned feeling a bit 'homesick' missing the place he spent most of his upbringing in; Malaysia.

He put all the food he made plus the cheesecake slices he'd bought earlier in lunch boxes and placed them to the side before scurrying to the bathroom to have a shower to freshen up before their date.

Now out of the shower, with his towel around him he ran his fingers along the articles in his wardrobe before finding what he wanted: a pair of black pants, a white stripped collared shirt he loosely tucked into his pants, and lastly a light black jacket. He then styled his hair and did his makeup, adding a light pink tinted gloss to his lips and a little eye shadow.

Finally ready, he walked over to the desk Jisung was at and crouched beside him "Little Squirrel~ Ji~ It's time to wake up" he softly whispered in Jisung's ear, the latter only responded with a 'mmm' and turned around in the desk chair, still unconscious. The elder smiled to himself at the adorable sight of his boyfriend asleep. 'that boy has got to stop staying up all night' he sighed to himself before picking up the sleeping boy in his arms. With the commotion of being picked up from his 'comfortable' seat, Hannie woke up; yawning.

"Hyungie-?" he questioned rubbing his eyes, still half asleep. "Morning sleepy squirrel" Minho smiled, leaning down to kiss his love's nose. "Morning hyung!" Ji said happily, wrapping his arms around the man carrying him. After staying in each others arms for few minutes, sharing soft kisses and Minho spinning Sungie around; both smiling and laughing, the elder put him down and told him to get ready for a surprise he prepared. The younger kept asking what they were doing today but the elder kept his mouth shut, ushering the previously mention boy to the bathroom telling him he'll find out soon enough.

Now dressed in a white shirt underneath a gingham patterned vest and black pants, Jisung jumped on his boyfriend hugging him from behind, the unexpected action startling Minho. "Where are we going love?!" He asked excitedly. Min chuckled at his lover "we're going on a date!" Ji pouted, whining "I know that but what are we going to do? What do you have planned?"

"If you must know I wanted to make you feel less homesick, I know you missed your time in Malaysia so I wanted to do something for you but honestly I'm surprised the smell of my cooking didn't wake you up, now lets go!" Minho smiled, slipping out of Jisung's grip and grabbing his hand. Jisung was happy and didn't know what to say, but most of all he was happy to eat some Malaysian foods again. Minho dragged him to the car and opened the car door for his love before getting into the driver's seat, the food and picnic stuff already in the car.

Now arrived at their destination; the Han river, Minho laid out the picnic blanket on the grass and opened their lunchboxes. The aroma of the sauces and spices filled their noses once the lunch boxes were open, making Sungie unable to wait, digging into the food straight away after sitting down. "Thank you Min, thank you love!" Jisung said with a mouthful of rice. Minho laughed at his squirrel like boyfriend "Of course, anything for you but don't talk and eat" he said before grabbing a spoonful of food, eating some himself.

Now finished with their food, they just enjoyed each other's company; Jisung now laying down with his head in his boyfriend's lap, with the latter running his fingers through the younger boy's dark hair. They were just talking about random things, meaningless things that didn't matter to anyone but them and it was perfect, just them in their own little world not worrying about the outside word.

"Hey, little squirrel?" the elder asked, earning a 'hm?' in response signalling him to continue. "Saya cintakan awak" Minho smiled; he had taken the time to learn some words and phrases in Malay, not enough to carry a conversation but enough to say the important things like 'I love you'. Jisung stopped fidgeting with his hands and sat up. "I love you too Minho" he said with his eyes full of happiness and love. Minho leaned towards the younger whispering "i love you more" in his ear before encasing the younger's lips with his own, sharing a soft but loving kiss.

Minho stood up, grabbing his love's hand "Will you dance with me Sungie?" The mentioned stood up replying "I'd love too!" Pressing play on a playlist on his phone he grabbed the younger's other hand and they danced together, being stupid and having fun. The playlist was filled with a bunch of Malaysian songs, Malay Pop songs like 'Impikan' and 'Bad' by girl group DOLLA along with 'Luar Biasa' by Ismail Izzani and 'Si Cantik' by Alfie Zumi dominating most of the playlist.

To Jisung this day was perfect and he couldn't thank his boyfriend enough for trying to make him feel less homesick. Yes, Korea was his home and always will be but Malaysia was his home at one point too and even though this picnic at the Han River wasn't his house he spent his childhood in, the effort that Minho put into this date, made him feel at home because in the end Minho was his true home that would always be there for him no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 939 Words

A/N: Hihi!! I hope you liked this story! I looked up different Malaysian songs and foods for this story, and wasn't sure which ones i should mention or include in the story but while researching I went down a rabbithole and also ended up listening to Indonesian songs and researching Indonesian foods and have now found 2 of my new favorite genres of music, Malay and Indo pop and R&B music. And I now wanna eat some Malaysian and/or Indonesian food but am broke ;-; , but why didn't anyone tell me Malay and Indo music was this good?! I've been missing out! Anyway- Hope you enjoyed this little Minsung story! And if anyone has any Indo or Malay music recs please send them!

Also sorry if this story isn't great, wattpad didn't save the chapter so i had to rewrite it

Thank you for reading!
Love you!
- Felix ☀💕