Helper in the Dark (Screech)

requested by; TablesareAwesome

Reread (for errors); NO

screech is gonna have a more "humanoid" form. basically still screech but they has a body

<><><><><><>

      Player stared inside the dark room ahead of them. Usually they could see the next door from here in the safety of the light, but the room went on. A cloud of darkness made it impossible to look any further.

      Sucking it up and taking out their lighter, Player stepped inside, the light from behind them growing dim.

      Giving the lighter a few flicks, the small flame lit up a very small portion of the room they were in. The light didn't last long as the lighter ran out of fuel. The flame flickered out and Player was then left in darkness.

      Desperately, Player tried to flick it back on. With their short time here, they've come to realize the dark was a terrifying thing. This little light was their only comfort.

      Their attempts were useless as all they got were a few weak sparks. Pity.

      Taking it as a lose, Player dropped the useless lighter and began to feel around in the dark in the hopes to hit a wall or perhaps the door needed to move forward.

      As Player left their old lighter behind, something else came for it. From in the darkness, a hand reached out to the still warm piece of metal and dragged it towards themselves.

      Player was lucky enough to find a small dresser with some drawers, but they were disappointed to find nothing but a couple of coins they did pocket, deciding that they may be useful.

      Still, their hopes of trying to find the door was dwindling. Each door they did manage to come across was locked or damaged beyond usage.

      "Are you lost?" a small child's voice echoed through the room. It scared the living hell out of Player who whipped around to try and find out where the sound was coming from.

      "It's okay, I have your lighter!" the voice echoed again. Just then, that dead lighter was thrown right at Player's feet, scaring them again.

      But Player rushed down and picked it up, trying to flick it alive again. However, it was still dead as ever.

      Player's attention was drawn back to the voice. Who was this? It sounded like a small girl, but it could possibly be a small boy. Was this some sort of lost child?