An Unlikely Ally, or a Trap? (Seek)

requested by; OK1610

Reread (for errors); YES

eat my ass im on my Seek obsession grind

<><><><><><>

      Player slid under the bookshelf before it collasped all the way down. Fire was licking against their arms and those damn eyes were watching their every move. It was unnerving.

      Seek was gaining ground as Player began to grow tired of running, their pace slowing down. Seek's pace never changed, he was only getting faster as he continued his chase if we were being honest.

      Player slammed through the door and then made their way into a collasping hallway. Huge, black, slimey arms crashed through the windows and grabbed at Player. They swiftly avoided the arms and the flames, the creature letting out a scream of anger at losing their prey.

      The sparkles of Guiding Light urged them forward. They were almost there! Just as Player was about to rush into the safe room and slam the door behind them, the sound of wood splitting and a crash alerts them.

      As soon as that wooden pillar crashed down, something cried out in agony. Player turned around and was in shock to see that Seek was just pinned by that very same fallen pillar.

      Player turned to continue forward, but the struggling sounds of the now helpless monster pull at their heart. They shouldn't do it, but they couldn't shake off the guilt.

      Turning back and looking up, the chandelier right above Seek was swaying and creaking. It was going to fall any moment. It would fall right on top of Seek.

      That should be a good thing, but Player was too caught up in their sympathy to think about it. Running over to the trapped entity, Player grabbed the wooden pillar and began to lift with all their might.

      Splinters dug into their hands and the room seemed to get hotter. The entity screeched and clawed at Player's ankles determined to get them still.

      "I'm trying to help! C-Come on!" Player gritted out, tears pricking at their eyes as the work started to get painful. Seek seemed to understand the situation and lifted up too, his arms pushing against the floor.

      With the combined effort, Seek was able to squeeze himself out. Just in time too because that chandelier finally snapped and was coming down fast.

      Player watched in horror. How could of they been so stupid to swap their life for the thing that was trying to kill them moments before?

      Before Player could be smooshed to death, black gooey arms scooped them up and sprinted towards the door. When that chandelier came crashing down, a small fireball started and pushed them forward into the door.