ɪᴍᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ʜᴏsᴛs

Dream led the newly turned hybrid to the grand gates hiding his kingdom from their view, by the hand - afraid that the original might fall despite her super healing

Dream led the newly turned hybrid to the grand gates hiding his kingdom from their view, by the hand - afraid that the original might fall despite her super healing. The trio halted, Darcy snaked her hand free, shifting her eyes to the raven haired man, as he placed a hand on the stone doors. The Mikaelson had seen many things in her life. Both beautiful and horrided. But these gates. With there carvings. Had truly bested the lot.

"Forgive me, sir, but..." Lucienne began, making Dream turn slightly "the realm, the palace...they are not as you left them."

Dream's lips parted slightly, shock and dread filling his soul. Dread for what he would find. He turned back to the gates. His face fell at the waste land before him. A once astonishing sight was replaced by a broken one "What happened here?" The pained tone in his voice stung Darcy slightly, but she shoved it down. Vampires weren't weak "Who did this?"

"My Lord, you are The Dreaming, The Dreaming is you. With you gone as long as you were, the realm began to...decay," Dream turned to the right, looking at her as the original tilted her head "and crumble."

"And the residents?" He quried, expression full of raised brows and wide eyes "The palace staff?"

"I'm afraid most have gone."

"Gone?" He questioned with disbelief and surprise, Darcy shifted on her feet. Just observing.

"Some went looking for you."

The hybrid blinked, she knew Lucienne meant no harm but that hit her. None of her siblings, she doubted even tried looking for her. Dream took a few steps "And the others?"

"They thought, perhaps you'd grown weary of your duties and-" Lucienne explained delicately.

"What?" He lifted his brow, eyes shining "Abandoned them?" Lucienne bowed her head, indicating that he was right "Had they so little faith in me? Do my own subjects not know me?"

"If I may, sir. It would not be the first time one of The Endless had just-" Are right, Destruction. Darcy, from Dream's tales, thought both their prodigal brothers would get along quite well.

"Emough. I will not have Dreams and Nightmares preying on the waking world. I will bring them all back." He vowed, before turning looking back at  the fallen Dreaming "I made this realm once, Lucienne." He turned his head "I will make it again."

He spared a glance at the original, who raised her head before he turned once more, stepping foot into his realm for the first time in a century. Lucienne and Darcy followed. The original sped forwards, revelling in her now more enhanced speed. Not noticing Dream's small smile when she blurred past him.