ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ

Darcy opened her eyes, blinking several times

Darcy opened her eyes, blinking several times. Her gaze foused on the sleeping face belonging to Morpheus. He seemed peaceful, as if he hadn't spent a century inside a glass sphere. Perhaps, his quest had taken it's toll on him. She smiled slyly, admiring him. He lied on his side, faceing her, a blank expression rested on his features. She tore her eyes away, glancing around the room. It was still dark. She frowned, what had caused her to wake? She began to sit up. Realising that there was something resting over her waist, she furrowed her brows, looking to find that Dream had rapped his arm around her, during some point of the night. She smirked, glancing at his sleeping face, 'Missed me that much? You flatter me, Dream.'

Soft grumbling reached the hybrid's ears, making her frown. She tore her gaze away from Dream's sleeping form and peered towards the closed door. Narrowing her eyes, ears analysing the pattern of movement and sound. She slowly lifted the bed cover off her body, before sneaking from the Endless' grasp. She creped to the door, and silently exited the room.
She soundlessly inched along to the stairs to find her littlest brother sat on the floor. Her expression turned into a deep frown, concern burning in her orbs "Kol?"

Kol looked over his shoulder, a sulking expression on his face, eyes glassy "Sister." He whispered, as she kneelt down infront of him "Forgive me." Darcy's brows scrunched together "If I hadn't got distracted, that stupid baby vamp wouldn't have-"

"Kol," she caressened his cheek, eyes softening at him, a reassuring smile on her lips "he didn't." She brushed stray hairs from his eyes, behind his ears "You are not at fault. My darling brother."

"Yes I am, sister." He protested, bowing his head shame "You're only okay because of that, your...gentleman friend." She sighed. Kol was right, he had intervened before she or any of their siblings could have moved an inch.

_________

The Endless' semi-awoke, his brows furrowed sensing the empty space next to him. Dream opened his eyes, confirming his suspcions. He got out of the bed and exited the room. He glanced around the corridor, pulling the door to before walking forward. Whispers crept into his ears. As he neared the stairs, his eyes landed on Darcy and Kol. He halted, blending into the shadows, listening and observing.

"Who is he, anyway? Sister." Kol quried, brows furrowed "Why did he come here?"

Darcy half blinked, eyes dropping from her brother's face before they met his eyes, she couldn't quite answer that question "I don't know." She sighed as Kol's frown deepened "Who is he though?" Darcy sighed tiredly, looking downwards breifly.

Kol saw something he rarely saw in his sister's eyes "He's Morpheus, Dream of the Endless."

"Endless?" Kol frowned, narrowing his eyes "What does that mean, sister?"