Chapter 3

Welcome to chapter 3 so sorry for the wait!

Start of recap...

Legolas was surprised to see a child in the forest a human child at that. "Tilda what on middle earth are you doing here?" Asked the shocked Prince as Tilda reached out for him.

Thw Prince picked the child out of Tauriels arms and hugged her the child hugged back. She wrapped her legs around his waist not planning on letting go soon. "I'm here to see the King about something important" she said simply.

The girl would explain later but now she was hungry, tired and aching all over from the spiders.

End of recap...

Third person pov...

It took the hunting party half the day to get even close to the castle, without horses the journey was long but Tilda was loving every minute of it, the 10 year old was carried through the thick forest by Legolas not wanting her to get hurt or lost. lucky for them they didn't run into any more Giant Spiders as the creatures no to never get close to the castle otherwise they would face Thranduils rath.

it was late afternoon by the time they had set up camp, Tilda was sat in between Tauriel and Legolas, the young girl pulled out some food she saved from lake town and began eating happy she didnt have to worry about anymore spiders. as she ate Legolas asked the queston they all wanted to know. "What are you doing so far from home?" asks the blond Prince. 

Tilda sighed and looked up from her bread, she held his gaze as she spoke, "i wanted to ask the King if he would help me do my hair because i sick of Da not doing it right!" she said determined to ask the fearful King of Mirkwood. The elves eyes widened at the little girls reason.

legolas and Tauriel cracked a smile. "of course my lady, if anyone you would be able to get the King to help" said Legolas and the red head next to him laughed as the other elfs watched as they Prince and Captain laughed with the Human child, it had been years since a child was in Mirkwood. 

soon Tilda fell asleep on top of Legolas' clock with Tauriels on top as a blanket she used her bag as a pillow and fell asleep a smile on her face dreaming of Mirkwood and meeting the King. the elves around her each took turns watching the child sleep and paroling around the camp. Legolas and Tauriel whsiper to each other.

"we were supossed to be back today, Adar wont be pleased" mumbled the prince worrying about his face. Tauriel rolled her eyes playfully at her Prince and cosuin (Thranduil is her uncle) "stop worrying already, your father will be fine once we knows why we are late besides its for a good reason" she reasoned with the worried blonde.

legolas sighed and stopped worrying, he looked over at Tildas sleeping form a smile on his face. "it has been so long since a child was here, maybe she and her family will melt Adars heart, i know he started liking King Bard during the battle a couple months ago" he whispers to Tauriel making the elf gasp with surprise. 

"so thats why hes been moping around!" she exclaimed making Legolas laugh

"it was obvious how could you not tell" exclaimed the Prince the two continued to laugh until it was sunrise and their turn to patrol the wood around them. when the 10 year old woke up they were off to the castle to see the King. 

time skip...

From Tauriels arms the little girl gasped in wonder at the huge and beautiful castle in front of her, her eye were wide with amazement, she had always wanted to see mirkwood and here it is right in front of her. 

The entryway to the halls had huge stone doors that were closed and secured by magic. The throne room for Thranduil was a great hall with pillars carved from the living rock. In lower levels were cells for prisoners and at the lowest part of the caves were the cellars of the king. These cellars were built over an underground stream so that empty barrels could be dropped into the water and floated out to the Forest River through a gate barred by a portcullis.

the party of Elfs and Human walk through the gates and into the castle. 'this is it' thought Tilda she was ready to face the ElvenKing.

the end!

hope you liked this chapter! sorry for the late update.

word count: 760