Sayo x Delinquent Reader

"Skipping two classes, sleeping through one class, coming to school wearing items that violate school dress code, and threatening someone all in the span of one day? Y/N... I'm very disappointed in you." Sayo shook her head at me.

"Sorry... but on the bright side, I only skipped two classes today. That's less than how many I usually skip out on." I attempted to save some face.

"That is true. You are making slow progress on that. But threatening someone? C'mon, Y/N! I know you're better than that."

"I had a good reason for it..."

"Oh really? What good motivation could you have for threatening someone?"

"It was that stupid Kaede girl. I overheard her saying insulting things about you to her friends during class. I couldn't just let them slander your name like that and expect to get away with it!"

"You... did that for me?" Sayo was taken aback. She looked as though she had very mixed feelings about my response. "Y/N, listen... I know that we're total opposites. You're a real trouble maker with little to no manners and I'm a strict rule follower. But, despite those major differences... we're dating. You don't need to go out of your way to fight for my honor. You know I don't approve of violence of any kind."

"Sorry... I know you have an image to uphold. That's why we keep our relationship on the downlow, right? I'm really sorry that I act this way. You know I've been trying really hard to act better." I apologized once more.

"Yeah, I'm aware of that. You're attending classes more often and getting better grades now. But, you still get sent to me to often for violating school rules all the time."

"Well, at least when I'm in trouble, I get sent to my favorite person at Hanasakigawa. Even if that person lectures me the whole time." I laughed.

"I only lecture you because I care about you. I worry about you sometimes." She admitted. "A-anyways, just don't try threatening anyone again! Even if it's over me. And next week, you'll only be skipping one class a day, right?"

"Hmm... Only if you give me a kiss." I smiled and leaned over towards her.

A small smile appeared on Sayo's face and she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"If I catch you skipping more than one class, then no kisses for one month." She winked.

"You can sometimes be more cruel than me." I chuckled. "Anyways, are we're still on for our date after school?"

"Of course. Now, first period is about to start soon. We should both head to our classes. Just try to stay out of trouble today, okay? I don't want another repeat of how you acted yesterday."

"I'll try."

"Once more thing before we head out. Y/N, promise me something. Promise me you'll never fight someone out of anger ever again. What if you get hurt? What if you get charged for assault? It's just that... I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"Don't worry, Sayo. I'm a man of my word. I promise." I replied.

"That's good." She smiled. "Now let's go. I can't be late for a class."

How did I get so lucky? Sayo Hikawa... why did you choose someone like me? Why would you choose someone so different?

...

I still remember how I turned out this way. At first, I was angry and lonely. My relationship with my parents wasn't the greatest. They would always fight ignore me. I just wanted attention. I wanted someone to acknowledge my existence. To get others to notice me, I would break the rules at school. I would dye my hair, I would skip classes, and hang out with troublesome people.