#4 Going back to old things

People rarely stop by the prison and it's obvious, but I do get lonely sometimes. However today Foolish showed up, saying he needs to restock on some materials. I agreed to help and we quickly got into some nice talk.
"So I've heard you had some adventures lately."

"Well- wait, how do you know?"

"Oh Ponk sometimes visits me and last time he was ALL OVER the place. Seriously, he was angry, sad, worried, even pissed at himself."

"Oh... Really?"

"Yeah! And he kept saying that you're so stoopid for such a smart guy. Hahaha, I honestly don't know what's with him lately - it's like he can't make up his mind about some things."

So Ponk told him everything, but not enough to make Foolish understand. Hmm...

"He misses you, y'know..."
That caught me off guard.
"...He often tells me about things you two used to do, or what he would like to do with you now. But I get it! You're doing a serious job, he's still allies with Bad and Ant. I get it, things don't always go as planned."

Even when talking about such things, Foolish never ceases to smile when around his friends, but does he know the WHOLE truth?

"...When- When did he visited you last time?"

"Two days ago."

"Do you know where he lives now? I don't remember the road."

"Yeah sure! I can take you there Sam, but let's finish gathering first and then we can go right away. Ok?"

"Thanks Foolish..."

~~~

Foolish brought me to Ponk's forest house, but there was no sign of him. We called out to him, but there was no response. We even listened for mining sounds down in mineshaft, but again silence.
Foolish said that because we got so far, maybe I could stick around for a moment at his desert. Why not? Some good company is always welcome.

When we reached one of his giant builds, he said he can sense someone around here. I immediately got tense and ready for fight, but he calmed me down and said that he always knows when there are visitors around and continued walking to his main house. I have to admit - desert biome is perfect for giant buildings and projects. Seeing all of this and talking with Foolish whole day brought a smile on my face.
Until he again said that someone is near and followed the said feeling, so I followed as well. I wasn't stunned, but I did hope a tiny bit for this to be HIM.

Ponk stood under the huge DreamXD statue, lost in his thoughts. He turned around to greet Foolish with smile, but his mood clearly dropped when he noticed me moments later.
"What is HE doing here?"

"I met him near spawn and asked him for help with gathering materials. We talked and Sam wanted me to show him where you live now, but you weren't there, so I convinced him to stop by at my place and here we are!~"

I slightly waved to him as I approached them. The silence was deadly and tension could be cut with axe. Foolish noticed it and cheerful as ever walked off saying "Well I got some work to do, so don't mind me and keep each other company!~"

We both wanted to say something in objection, but he was gone. So now it is just me and Ponk... not knowing what to say. "I know sitting alone isn't so bad, but some company isn't so bad either... so maybe?..." I tried to start off better this time by smiling gently. Ponk peeked at me and eventually gave in. We sat down at front door and talked for whole night. There were a lot of pauses, looking away and getting up only to walk away few steps for couple minutes while maintaining the conversation, before returning to previous seat.

On the next morning Foolish found us sleeping in front of his door, leaning against each other and apparently took a photo, because I could've sworn I heard a click and giggle after.
When the desert heat started getting intense, we both woke up and Oh My Goodness - Ponky's little sleepy face is one of the best things in the whole world!~
I wanted to cup his cheeks in my hands, but I held myself back. This long talk definitely put us both in better moods than yesterday, because Ponk even held onto my arm gently.

"Ponk... I change my mind - I want to repair our friendship. I will even quit being Warden, but PLEASE give us another chance."
I took his hands and pulled him closer, begging for another try.
His eyes got huge and shiny, this clear red color is beautiful~

"...O-Ok."

"Really?"

"Sure, but are you really sure about quitting the prison duty? You kept talking about how you're doing everyone a favor by guarding Dream and blah blah blah."

"Hmhmhm, well I changed my mind~" I could finnaly feel this again - this feeling like my heart is about to fly out with its own wings.

So this is it - we will try again, together...

~~~

I was gone for another day, busy settling things down. I made a deal with Bad and Ant about them replacing me as the Warden. I only hope they won't open this Pandora Box for some crazy plans. I didn't tell anyone where I'm heading or why I quit that "duty", but no one has to know. What really matters is that Ponk is willing to give me another chance and I'm willing to ignore the fact that he's part of this stupid "Eggpire" thing. Huff... who knows, maybe I will be able to also change his mind.