Chapter One

"Nee mou kuraku narisou dakara..~ Dechatte mo ii kashira?~ Chotto ne mahou ni kakerareta..~ Kimi no okashi kara tabechau zo~ Kitto mou kiri ga koku naru kara..~ Minna atsumaru kana?~ Jitto matte amaimono gaman shita..~ Gohoubi o hora~ Hitotsu futatsu kane no ne..~ Sawagidasu chiisai obaketachi~ Kyou wa yurushite kureru no..~ Saa machi ni ikou~ Datte happy halloween!~ Itazura shichau zo ding-dong-dang~ Acchi mo kocchi mo trick or treat!~ Kyandii wa kurenai no?~ Datte happy halloween!~ Itaike na rantan panpunkin~ Tsukareta jakku mo odoru yo asa made!~" It wasn't even October yet.. and here Iida found himself walking with Astraea, who was singing along to a Japanese song that he knew by the title of 'Happy Halloween.' Astraea had been singing it nonstop now, the music being blared through Astraea's black and gold colored headphones that she wore, and Iida didn't know whether he wanted to smack her upside the head for singing a song in September that was made for October, or just let her sing her heart out. He sighed under his breath, and rubbed his eyes the slightest bit, unable to help but question to himself under his breath as to where everyone even was...
"Maybe some people are home right now, Iida," Astraea answered, having finally taken off one headphone after she noticed him talking to himself. Iida sighed, but yet, he still couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.. something was very off, and he didn't know what... "Even so, there should still be some people out and about Astraea.. It's almost as if the city is entirely empty.." Iida answered, shivering slightly as Astraea rolled her eyes, and claimed Iida to just be panicking for no reason... "Seriously Iida, you need to chill, just cause the city's quiet don't mean much," Astraea answered as she walked over to a store, and opened the door for him. Iida looked at her in confusion, and she sighed, "We're getting snacks before continuing our trip home, now come on. Besides, my mom asked me to pick up some stuff on the way home," Astraea answered. Iida, who felt like something bad was to come, slowly followed Astraea into the store, answering out loud that he hoped they wouldn't be there for too long... With Astraea replying back with, "Don't worry! We'll be fine!!" Not knowing how wrong they were in believing that everything would be fine and dandy...

"Level 1..." Hinako muttered, looking above Katsuki's head. The two have been good friends ever since they were children, but not once had she seen whatever that.. thing.. was above his head. There was a green bar with a few small numbers on it. 1,000/1,000 hp... Next to it, were the words 'LVL. 1'. Katsuki looked towards Hinako with a face and looked above her head. She had the same thing floating above hers. "What the fuck is that?" Katsuki asked, trying to swat his away like a fly. Whatever was flying above his almost looked like that of an hp bar— like the ones you see in video games. Katsuki looked around curiously, feeling a bit odd. There was oddly no one out on the streets. Normally, when they went out, the streets were bustling with people. Katsuki and Hinako always went out together for their weekly shopping trip, so Katsuki knew what the city was like around this time. To see the city so eerie and quiet.. it made the male shiver. Hinako always accompanied Katsuki while he went grocery shopping, and Katsuki always accompanied Hinako while she got materials for the fireworks every Friday. But, something today just felt... really off. "Uh... Why do I feel like something bad's about to happen?" Hinako asked, perplexed as she stared up at her 'HP Bar'.
"WELCOME TO 'A ZOMBIE'S WORLD'! I am System! We welcome User H and User B to this new world! Would the two users like to see their stats?" a robotic voice suddenly said, and the two teens jumped. Stats? User H and User B? Were they referring to them? What the hell is going on?
A shiver went down both their spines. Everything seemed so eerie and different, even though everything looked almost the same.
"User B and User H will now be receiving their weapons! On your stat page, you will be able to view your Stats, Quests, Missions, Skills, Burst, and Talents! Currently, User B and User H have not unlocked the Artifact Feature," the robot- er, System, said. Suddenly, a giant page appeared with a bunch of weird terms that neither Katsuki nor Hinako understood. And another second later, a bow appeared in Hinako's hands. It didn't look like your standard bow... No, this one was painted with fireworks and star constellations on it. And a quiver full of bows appeared on her back, the arrows and quiver matching the bow.
For Katsuki, a bag appeared in his hands. It was full of... Grenades? All of the grenades inside of the bag were decorated in his personal style, along with the bag itself. They also seemed to have a color scheme of green, black, and orange, which were Katsuki's favorite colors.
"User B and User H will now be approaching their first enemy. Defeat the enemy with the weapons you've been given and User B and User H will advance to LVL 2!"
"What?!" Hinako and Katsuki yelled together, before hearing a growl come from behind them.