4. Intentions

My body shuttered with fear at the utter sound of his voice.

"I don't think she wants to see you right now." Lorelei said confidently, standing her ground by keeping the door creaked open.

"I don't care about what you think. She's my girlfriend. Just let me in." He growled.

I knew avoiding Jack wouldn't make things any better so I stood up from the couch and made my way to the door.

"It's fine. He can come in." I said, trying my best to mask my spilling emotions.

Jack lips curved into one of his infamous smirks and he walked in, rather aggressively brushing his shoulder against Lorelai. She rolled her eyes and went into her room as a sign of defeat.

"Why have you been ignoring me baby?" Jack asked, his thumbs busy typing away on his phone. His monstrous sunglasses prevented me from making any real eye contact with him. I hated when he wore them, but he hardly ever took them off.

"I was in class." I said.

He rolled in eyes,  "Since when do you pay attention to class?"

"Maybe because I'm trying to graduate on time?" I remarked. 

His jaw clenched and his hands curled up into fists, "So you're saying you would rather have an education than spend time with me?" He stepped foot a little closer to me, towering over me.

"Where did you even get that from? No, Jack. That's not what I'm saying." I crossed my arms over my chest as I bit my tongue from saying any more; my patience with him was wearing thin.

"Then tell me why the fuck you chose to ignore my texts." His voice got louder and angrier.

"I already told you Jack! I was in class for god sake! Why should I even bother explaining myself when you don't even listen?" I screamed.

"Whatever." Jack groaned, then paused, then continued, "I didn't come here to fight with you. I just wanted to take you out." 

"Out?" I asked, curious to hear more about what he had up his sleeve.

I watched as he took his glasses off and placed them into his pocket. 

"Yeah, out." He got a little closer to me and held my hands in the palm of his. "We haven't had an actual date in awhile. My tour starts next week babe. I don't want to leave while we're still fighting and upset with each other. I wanna leave on good terms. I love you Anna, you know that." He said. 

I was reluctant simply because I was unsure whether he was being genuine or not.

It's hard to tell with him nowadays.

I didn't really know how to feel about him going on his first ever world tour.

 Should I be excited for him? 

Happy for him? 

Or scared-- for the sake of our relationship? 

It's weird being a celebrity's girlfriend. I'm not used to it. Especially because his fame has just recently sky rotted. He's on top of all the music charts, he's constantly on the radio, and he's collaborating with some pretty big people. 

A normal girlfriend should feel proud, but I didn't. To be completely honest, I was sad. I didn't care about his fame or his money. I only cared about him

Hollywood had changed him enough already, I just hoped it wasn't too late to change him back to the way he used to be.

I looked down at my dirty sweat pants and sweat shirt and sighed, "Okay, you're right. I guess. Let me just get ready."