1. Quicksand

Love is cruel.

The obsessive thinking. 

The separation anxiety.

The desire of dependency. 

The sleepless nights.

The constant addiction. 

The crippling jealousy. 

When somebody tells you that they'll love you for an eternity, don't believe them. Because most likely, they're lying directly to your face. Don't get blinded by love, like I did. The pain that will follow when you realize all the mistakes you've made will be sufficient enough to make you feel like you're drowning underneath a ton of water, incapable of gasping for a breath of fresh air.  

My biggest mistake?

Falling in love with Jack.

Love is like quicksand. You think you're fine, then all of a sudden, you start sinking lower and lower, until you can't sink any lower. The feeling of desperation and heartbreak is one that I am most certainly accustomed to by now. 

"Please don't cry, Anna. You're stronger than this. Why don't you just break up with him?" Lorelai said, rubbing her hand in a circular motion against my back. Lorelai was not only my roommate for the past three years, but she was also my best friend. She's seen me at my worst and at my best. Without her daily advice and expertise, I don't think I would of been able to survive. She was like a sister to me, someone I could talk to about anything and everything my heart desired.  

"I just don't understand why he constantly does this to me. What did I do to deserve this?" I cried in desperation. I grabbed a tissue from the box of Kleenex besides me and used it to dab the falling tears off of my rosy cheeks. 

"Maybe you should just talk to him about it.." She said, resting her head onto my shoulder.

"I've tried. Countless times! He just doesn't listen to me anymore." I weeped. I could feel my mascara beginning to bleed down my eyes from the result of my never ending tears. 

Jack became a completely different person ever since we first stepped foot onto LA ground. His attitude, his personality, his appearance. Everything. The cause of his abrupt transformation? His fame. Not only did his fame change him, but it changed us. It was the root to all of our problems. 

It just wasn't the same anymore.

"Listen, I have to go to class. Will you be OK while I'm gone?" Lorelai asked, grabbing her bag that was sitting on the floor of our messy apartment. 

"I'll be fine." I said, trying to control my abundant amount of emotions. "I'll be fine." I said again for reassurance.

"Okay, I'll be back in two hours. Turn off the TV! That's not going to help you feel any better. Those celebrity gossip shows are nothing but bullshit!" She yelled right before she slammed the front door to our apartment.

I couldn't resist the temptation of reading every bit of gossip that was ever written about Jack and I. Although half of it couldn't be more far the from truth, I liked seeing what the public thought of us, even if it made me feel insecure about myself. Their false stories and rumors made me skeptical about the elasticity of our relationship.

How much longer could I put up with this?

"Slut!"

"He could do so much better. She's a whore."

"I hope she dies."

The harsh words spoken by his psychopathic fans made me want to hide under a rock for the rest of my life. I knew it was going to be difficult to maintain a healthy relationship with Jack's high level of fame, but  never in a million years could I have imagined that it would be practically impossible.

The front door of my apartment flung open and in walked Jack, dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a white shirt. The sunglasses that he wore over his eyes were practically glued to his face, he never took them off. "Come on babe. Time to go." He announced as he marched in without a worry in the world. He didn't even bother to glance up from his phone to look at me. 

"I'm not going, Jack." I said, swiping his phone from his hands, forcing him to pay attention to me.

"What the hell do you mean you're not going?" He questioned, finally taking off his sunglasses and placing them in his back pocket. 

"You told me you would be here four hours ago. What makes you think I just want to sit here and wait all day for you?" I hissed. 

He told me last night, after he canceled our dinner plans for the fifth time this week, that he would make it up to me tomorrow by taking me out to lunch, which he was more than four hours late to. "I was busy." He stated confidently. As if that's a good enough excuse.

"You're always busy, Jack." I remarked.

I watched carefully as Jack shook his head furiously, his eyebrows raised. "For fucks sake, Anna! You complain about everything. So what if I'm late? Better late than never, right?" He chuckled lightly to himself. 

I rolled my eyes dramatically and threw my hands high into the hair due to the overwhelming sensation of frustration I was feeling inside of me. "What happened to the old you? I want that Jack back." I shouted, looking up at him towering over me.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You sound crazy. Whatever, if you don't want to get lunch, then fine! I'll go myself." He screamed, his thunderous voice made my body tingle with fear.

"Go. I could care less. Just get out."  I said. I could feel my voice getting weaker, making it crack as I spoke each word.

"Whatever. You're one selfish bitch." He roared as he stormed out of my apartment with a subtle look of fury in his eyes. 

This is how all our days went. 

Make up. 

Break up.

Make up again.

Break up again.

No matter how angry I was with him..

No matter what cruel names he called me...

I loved him.

Something about him always lured me back, craving his attention and affection. 

I was holding onto that last strand of hope with everything I had.

I wanted nothing but happiness.

But little did I know how hard it would be to find it. 

A/N: You asked for it. You got it. Super excited for you all to see what I have in store for you. I have a feeling it'll be quite the roller coaster. Please remember to like, comment, and maybe even share with a friend. It would mean the world to me! Also, check out the trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWrjlOa7JM&feature=youtu.be

Have a lovely day!

XOXO - Lexie