2. Vortex

When you think of love, you think of good things. Like happiness, a blanket of security, comfort, romance,  passion. You hardly ever think of the bad things that come with it. 

I guess that shows that people tend to only think of love as a good thing. 

Although I agree that love could be and more importantly SHOULD be a good thing, I think it's important for everybody to realize that there is a bad side of love. The consequences and side-effects of love--- the things the fairy tales you read when you were a kid didn't show you.

That's why you can't judge a book by it's cover. You don't know what lies behind the cover. You just make assumptions based off of what you see at first glance. 

You may think a person is happy just because they smile and laugh, but you don't necessarily know the pain they're hiding on the inside.

--

My alarm clock buzzed vicariously, waking me up from my deep and peaceful slumber. I loved sleeping because it was like a miniature getaway from reality. Every time I woke up, I felt like I was entering a never ending nightmare that just kept getting worse. Lorelai panicked when she discovered me walking out of my bedroom and into the living room. She immediately turned off the television and stood up from the couch, suspiciously. I couldn't help myself from wondering why.

"What was that all about?" I questioned, searching through our empty cupboards for cereal.

"Oh, it was nothing. How did you sleep?" She asked, with a guilty look across her face.

"Don't change the subject! Why did you turn off the TV?" I hated when people didn't tell me the truth. It was one of my biggest pet peeves.

Don't sugar coat reality. It doesn't make anything better. 

"I didn't want you to see what they're saying about you.." She explained, pulling me close to her chest to hug me. "When I find out who's leaking all of this information to them, I swear I'm going to kill them."

Curiosity took the best of me. I had to know what today's headline was. "Do I even want to know what they're saying about me?"

"Probably not." She said solemnly. 

"Just tell me." I said, holding my breath.

"They were talking about how your relationship with Jack is unhealthy.. They're predicting that the two of you are going to break up soon." She said, her voice was genuinely sympathetic. Why can't the media just stay out of our business?

They don't know anything.

Actually, they do.

I think the reason their 'prediction' made me feel so bad about myself was because... they're probably right.

It's hard to deny the truth, especially when it lies right in front of you. 

"How do they know? Who's telling them all of this?" I, being the emotional girl I am, started crying into Lorelai's secure arms. I just wanted to hibernate from the world so I never had to deal with anything problematic ever again. 

"I don't know. But one thing I do know, is you have to get to class. You don't wanna be late. Go get dressed." She said, shoving me into my room, forcing me to get ready. Although I didn't live with my mom anymore, it sure felt like I still was. Lorelai, in a weird way, was like a second mother to me. She always knew what was best for me, even if it meant making me do something that I didn't want to do. 

I didn't feel like getting ready, so I just threw on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. "I'll be back later." I groaned, shutting the door behind me.

I don't like California's weather. It's always the same. It never changes. Sunny and eighty degrees. It was such a drastic difference from Omaha. 

After a long walk all the way across campus, I had finally arrived to my classroom. I took a seat towards the back and rested my chin in the palm of my hand, desperate for the class to be over before it even started. I don't even remember the last time I came to this class. I hardly ever went to school anymore. That's why my grades were slipping at a rapid pace. 

"Hi Anna." Nate said as he took a seat next to me. Nate was a guy that I met in one of my classes freshmen year, and ever since we've been good friends. His positive attitude and huge sense of humor made him a fun person to hang out with. 

"Hi. How are you?" I said, trying my best to act happy, even though I've never been more unhappy in my life.

"I'm great. How about yourself?" He said. Something about Nate's voice was soothing. I could listen to him talk all day. It put me in a trance of serenity. 

"I've been better." I sighed, sulking lower into my chair. 

"Awww." He said, wrapping his arm comfortably around my neck. "Tell me. I'm all ears." He smiled. 

"Jack and I aren't doing so well. It's getting really, really, really, bad. I don't know how much longer I can do it." I explained, gazing desperately into his eyes. 

"I'm sorry to hear that. You don't deserve to be put through that misery... You're too beautiful for all that nonsense." He said, chuckling softly. I couldn't help myself from grinning ear to ear. His positive and inspiring words always made me feel better about myself. In a way, he kind of reminded me of the old Jack, back before he became a douche. 

"Thanks. What about you? Is anything new with you?" I said, trying my hardest to keep our conversation alive. 

"Well... Monica and I broke up last week." He murmured underneath his breath.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that." I said, sympathizing with him. 

"Don't be. People change. Life goes on. No big deal." He said while smiling.

"Ain't that the truth." I said, biting on my lower lip.

Nate was right.

People do change.

And life does go on.

Maybe officially calling it off with Jack could be a good thing, for the both of us. 

The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. My face wouldn't be all over the tabloids. I wouldn't have to deal with his childish behavior anymore. I would be free. I would be able to do whatever I wanted, without worrying about being judged by anybody. 

Maybe it was time to call it quits on us. 

As I was day dreaming about my future, my phone vibrated, indicating that I had received a text from Jack. Speak of the devil. It was almost like he knew I was having doubts about our relationship and needed to lure me right back in. I picked up my phone and read the text to myself. 

Hi baby girl. Come over to my apartment ASAP.  I want to talk to you. I love you.

And just like that, I was sucked back into his vortex. 

I thought it would be easy to get out of this nightmare.

I was wrong.

A/N: I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. I never knew how difficult it would be to make a sequel that's semi interesting. I hope I'm doing good! Comment your reactions, feed back, and anything else your little hearts desire. I love talking to you guys for real so don't be scared to talk to me!!!!! Also, make sure you check out my new fanfic, 'Hazardous.' Have a lovely day. XOXO - Lexie