Chapter 4: The Campfire Incident

"What happened to you back there?" asked Ashley. 

"I- It's- LADY GAGA, I don't know." I said. 

"um did she hit her head, run into a tree, tripped on a mushroom? Because, I think she is seeing things." said Hayden. 

"Maybe you should lay down, get your head right Ivy." requested by my mum. 

"No but I'm fine" I said. Me and my mum kept going back and forth. 

"Ivy" 

"Mum!" 

"IVY!" 

"MUM!" 

"IVORY!" 

"MUM!" 

"VIVIAN!" 

"Mum, I told not to call me that". I said embarrassingly. I could tell that Hayden and Ashley were laughing at my name. I would laugh at me too. Then something started to burn. It was my jacket, I was burning, I WAS ON FIRE?! 

"AHHHHHHHHH" screamed Wendy. 

"WHAT?!" I said. 

"you're on fire." said Hayden calmly. AHHHHHH. 

"WHERE?! PUT IT OUT PUT IT OUT PUT IT OUT." I started running around panicking. I wasn't thinking so I jumped into a small lake. I didn't think about it. I just didn't want to burn. When I got out my mum, Hayden, Ashley and Luke were laughing at me. Even Wendy, she is my best friend, my ride or die. It hurt, not the fire, their laughs. I ran to my tent, and dried off. Luckily we all had different tents, so I didn't have to face them again. Why did they laugh it wasn't that funny? I guess it was because I was a perfect student, perfect grades, perfect hair and outfits, perfect attitude, I was loved by all my teachers. They had never seen me mess up before. If I had a time machine I would definitely go back and redo that moment. That is saying a lot because my 1st grade spelling bee was frustrating. What 1st grader knew the pterodactyl started with a "P". I was so mad at myself, I went to bed. I fell asleep really fast, hoping that everyone would forget about it.