☁️Zenitsu/Reader: The Rouge Ruse Part 5

Chapter 5: Missing

With a yawn in his mouth, Zenitsu draped a considerable pile of kimonos over his forearm. He had chosen to do your share of the laundry today so you could catch up on sleep. It was his fault for keeping you up late anyhow. The kitchen and common rooms downstairs were bustling with life, so he decided to go back to his room to fold them.

As the morning drowsiness began to fade Zenitsu could feel embarrassment rising in the pit of his stomach. What was that last night?! He had clung to you like a sullen child. How would you ever view him as a man now?

Eventually, after the flood of happiness that threatened to drown him had ebbed, he made the claim that he was just overly emotional from homesickness, that being in a new place had made him wobbly and melancholic. You were quick to placate and comfort him afterwards, but he could tell by the edge in your aura's usual rhythmus that you didn't fully accept that excuse at face value.

Arms full of clothing, Zenitsu made his way up the stairs. He glanced at the end of the mural's obi, and counted one, two, three... Using his foot he aggressively thrust the sliding door open, but for some reason it didn't get stuck this time, and made a loud angry clack when the frames collided with each other, rebounding back on its tracks a bit from the sheer force.

"EEEK!" A shriek filled his ears and Zenitsu was left blinking at a lovely girl, shoulders bare and halfway dressed.

"BUWAH! I'M SO SORRY!" The blonde covered his eyes immediately, dropping the laundry onto the floor. "I thought this room was mine!"

"It's fine." Her voice didn't seem to carry any retaliation, which surprised him. If this had happened at the Butterfly Estate he would've surely been catapulted from the room with a swift kick to the chest. "You just startled me is all." Noting the messy-haired girl's tightly shut eyes and flushed face she swept her kimono over her shoulders. "It's alright. You can look now." Zenitsu barely dared to do so, opening one eye just enough to confirm her statement. "Let me help you with those." She bent down to gather the garments he just dropped, so Zenitsu could only see the top of her black hair. "You're Zenko, right? Have you seen Ima today?"

"Ima?"

"Yeah. She lives at the other end of the hall, closer to the stairs." Finally she looked up, and he was face to face with her.

"Oh, its you!" He exclaimed, recognizing the small tearful girl. She was much cuter without distress in her eyes, Zenitsu thought. However, her face did morph in confusion at what he just said.

"Uh... have we... met?"

"Yeah. Last night, remember? You asked me to play the koto for you."

"Oh! You must be thinking of my sister, Momo."

"Yes?" A voice hollered from the hallway and Zenitsu's eyes widened when she rounded the corner into the room.

"Wah! There's two of you!"

"Actually three!" A third kamuro entered, and after the initial shock wore off Zenitsu noted that, in spite of their identical hair styles and matching kimonos, their eyes and voices were rather distinct. The third girl spoke up once more. "This is my sister Hana." She gestured to the girl he walked in on. "I'm Kana. And you've already met Momo apparently."

"Zenko-chan." Momo stepped up and took him by the hand. "I've been wanting to thank you since last night, but you weren't in your room when I came to look for you." He couldn't help but sweat at her discovery. He must've been on the rooftop with you when she came by, and he hoped against hope that she wouldn't tattle on him for breaking curfew. He wasn't sure how many more hits he could take from the Oiran before it would kill him.