☁️Tanjiro+Inosuke+Zenitsu/Reader: Jealousy Part 3

"Fortunately it doesn't appear that this event had any ill effects on his condition." The three of you smiled at the doctor's prognosis. Inosuke was sitting up now, looking much more alert than before.

"Hah! Can't take me down that easily!"

"You're a tough cookie, Inosuke!" You exclaimed and he grinned brightly.

"It's probably good for you to rest for a while, Inosuke." Tanjiro said and the doctor nodded in agreement.

"I'll leave him in your more than capable hands." The doctor smiled at the three of you. "But don't hesitate to call on me if something happens."

"We appreciate your help." Your companion in the green-checkered haori waved him off before turning his attention to you. "You did a great job bandaging his injury, F/N. It looks like a real professional did it."

"Thank you, Tanjiro. I'm just glad it wasn't more serious."

"Same here." He looked over at the bruised boy who had plopped back down onto his back. "How are you feeling, Inosuke?"

"Never better!" You were surprised how much energy came through in his tone. He seemed to have an unbreakable spirit, and you admired him for it.

"I'm glad to hear it." Tanjiro smiled at you. "So, F/N... after working so hard to take care of Inosuke I thought you might need a break." You tilted your head and he scooted closer to you. "You see, I was in the host's library earlier today and I found a book you might like."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. It was a book on forestry and it had lots of pictures. So you could see pretty things without disrupting nature. If you want I can show it to you."

"Don't go stealing my girl, Tanjiro!" Zenitsu objected tartly.

"What, like you went and stole my line?" Tanjiro had run out of patience. Zenitsu gasped loudly in melodramatic offense.

"I-I didn't steal it! You just voiced what was already in my heart and I repeated it!"

"Wait..." You blinked. "So that whole 'love currency' thing... Tanjiro said that?"

"No. Tanjiro's was better." Inosuke deadpanned.

"Ah. I thought that was unusually smooth for you, Zenitsu." Your comment immediately brought tears to his eyes.

"Words can hurt, F/N-chan."

"Ack! Enough of your yammering!" Inosuke spat aggressively. "It doesn't matter! F/N agreed to come to my new hideout anyways!" You stopped short at his words.

'I did?' You wondered. 'Wait... Did he just get my name right?!' You imagined it was because Zenitsu repeated it over and over, but for some reason it still felt like a feat worth celebrating.

"She's not going anywhere with you!" You felt arms pulling you backwards.

"Zenitsu!" Tanjiro reprimanded. "You can't dictate where F/N can and can't go! It's her choice!"

"SHUT UUUUP!" Inosuke's volume made you flinch. He stood and pointed a contentious finger. "I challenge you, Monitsu!"

"Eh?"

"Prove who's the better man! Fight me!"

"Wait! You just had a close call with your injury! You should really take it easy." The only reasonable boy in the room tried to talk him down, but it was no use.

"Fine! I'll defend F/N-chan's honor from your savage ways! I accept!"

"Wait, seriously?" Even Tanjiro couldn't believe Zenitsu's sudden boost in bravery.