TEN

fOrbiDden !

fOrbiDden !

after layla quickly packed  for the three day long trip the sturniolos arrived in her driveway to pick her up to save her the hassle of getting an uber to their house.

once the group arrived at the airport layla asked matt to go and get some food with her since she hadn't had lunch yet and he agreed without thinking anything of it.

"you have really nice eyes" she says, trying to flirt as casually as possible.

"thank you, so do you" matt responds in a kind friendly manner.

layla however was not picking up the friendly tone and continued with her persistent flirting. so much so that on the flight she rested her head on matts lap for the entire six hour long flight. matt, again, being obvious to her moves towards him just allowed her and even ran his hand through her hair while she was laying there.

lani finally got the details for her shoot from her dad. it was supposed to be in new york meaning she had to take a flight there though fortunately she already had a bag packed to go to nicks trip so she took that with her.

at around 1pm she arrived at the airport to go on her flight when she received a call from her manager saying that the brand had decided to call off the shoot as there was really bad weather for the next few days and the majority of it was outdoors.

so, considering that dylan was already at the airport and had nothing better so do she decided to see if there were any flights to san diego that she could take so she could surprise nick. fortunately there was one boarding in the next 30 minutes to she payed for a ticket and got on the flight.

when the group arrived in la they got ubers to san diego and then arrive at the house they were staying in. madi was already there waiting for them to arrive.

matt hadn't realised that layla and him now had to share a room since lani wasn't there. he didn't know why but this kind of upset him but he didn't want to insult layla so pretended to be excited and went up to their room together to unpack.

"do you see the way that layla keeps looking at matt" ember whispers while giving layla a dirty glare as she walks up the stairs.

"oh my gosh i thought it was just me" madi responds.

"she is so into him" she giggles.

"i don't think matt knows that"

"kid needs to learn how to catch a hint them because it's so obvious" chris interjects.

they all laugh and then the rest of them go upstairs to get ready for dinner as nick had reservations at 8:30.

since layla was showering and matt wanted to respect her privacy he sat downstairs in the kitchen scrolling through tiktok as he waited for her to finish getting ready.

when suddenly he hears the door open and close and immediately assumes that someone had broke in. which wasn't even really breaking in since none of them decided to lock the door in the first place. he quickly grabbed a knife from the kitchen and held it up ready to attack whoever came in when a short figure appeared in the kitchen doorway.

"hel- WERE YOU GONNA STAB ME?" dylan screams.

"i thought you were a robber why would i not stab you"

"why is the door even unlocked in the first place?" she questioned.

"why are you here?" he questioned back.

"you cant answer my question with a question" she responds while laughing "also i'm here since my shoot got cancelled and i wanted to surprise nick. don't worry i already got a hotel room like three minutes away since layla took my space"

"if you are staying in a hotel why have you got like four bags with you" matt says.

"oh yeah i picked up this cake on the way and i was gonna make nick out of frosting on it" she opens the bags and starts picking out all of the frosting and food dye that she bought. "you can stay and help me if you want to"

without using words matt agrees and reaches over to open up the cake from its box.

matt gawks at the cake "lani this thing is fucking huge we don't have time to ice it"

"yeah that's why you are helping me" matt, still in disbelief doesn't respond "are you just going to stand there looking at the cake or help me"

matt finally snaps out of it and begins to open the tubs of icing and the two of them play around while frosting the cake.

after only 20 minutes it's starting to somewhat resemble nick and lani remembered that she messaged em earlier and told her to pick up some brown sprinkles for nicks hair as she couldn't find any in the store.

so she sent me another message to make sure it was all clear to go upstairs and get the sprinkles and she left her phone open while tiptoeing upstairs to retrieve the sprinkles.

when she left lani's phone started blowing up with notifications so matt - who just couldn't help being nosy decided to read a few of them.

imessage

theo 🥥❤️‍🔥

hey
i had a good time with you today
i've missed kissing you
see me soon

🫂🪴💫
authors notes

really rolling out the updates since ik im not gonna post next week 💪💪💪💪

also i have changed laylas face claim so if you want to see her go back to the chapter where i put her ig post

lola x