15. Ticklish

Kaylea Wolf lay face down on the bed, eyes closed, her body warm and tingling in the afterglow of their lovemaking. She could feel the hints of soreness in her muscles, the sweat drying on her body. The King's sheets smelled of exotic oils, she could smell lavender and something earthy, like frankincense. She heard Thorin come back in the room, his weight on the bed. After a moment she felt something touch the back of her leg, so gently, like a whisper. Slowly it moved down, to the back of her knee.

"What are you doing?" She didn't open her eyes, just concentrated on the light touch. It moved up her leg in a quick stroke, it was soft, but had an unyielding quality.

"Trying to find that ticklish spot," Thorin said. "I know there is one."

Kaylea smiled. "I am not ticklish."

"So you have told me."

She felt the light touch again, along the inside of her thigh, down her leg. Little swirling motions on the soles of her feet. Not the feet, Kaylea willed her body to keep still.

"Ah, there it is!" Thorin laughed, the whisper touch was suddenly replaced with his fingers, making quick strokes on her feet.

"Enough!" Kaylea bent her knees to raise her feet, turned her head on the pillow to look at him. Thorin was grinning at her, a long, straight feather in his hand. She should have known he would read her responses, he knew her too well.

"You are ticklish! I knew it!"

"I don't like having my feet touched, that's all," Kaylea put a hand under her chin to look at him. The crooked smile, his hair disheveled, braids brushing the muscles of his chest, this was how she liked him best. Not the brooding King, the charming and attentive lover. She made a grab for the feather. "Now it's your turn!"

"Oh, no! I am keeping my secrets!" Thorin held the feather out of her reach, dropping it off the side of the bed.

"That's not fair," Kaylea frowned at him.

"I'm the King. I make the rules."

Kaylea snuggled against him, running her fingers over his chest. "I might have other ways of finding out."

"You are welcome to try," Thorin told her, smiling mischievously. "I will tickle your feet."