Prologue

Maverick was looking over the pliots and one caught his eye. Lt. Daisy "Sparrow" Wolfe. Then he remember Wolfman. "Leonard has a daughter?" Maverick questioned out loud. 

"Daisy.. She's his only child. Partner died giving birth, so he's raised her on his own. She's hell of pilot." Cyclone said. "But very strong minded, she'll even say what's on her mind as well." Warlock added. 

...........

"Dad! I am heading out!" Daisy called out as she tucked in her shirt and headed down the stairs. She stopped in the hallway and looked into the mirror to make sure her bun was secured nicely. She smiled.

She walked into the kitchen, her father was sitting at the table, eating dinner. "You going eat dinner?" He asked her. She looked over at him, "I will eat with the pilots, besides you need to eat dad." Daisy said as she kissed the top of her father's head.

"Daisy... just like your mother, putting others before yourself." Leonard said to his daughter which caused her to smile. "I wish you got to meet her, you would've love her. You are so much like her, it's not even funny." Leonard said. Daisy hummed. "Life's cruel." Daisy said. "I know." Leonard said as he then sighed.

"I just can't believe my Daisy followed my footsteps." He tells her. "And I don't regret it." She said with a smile which caused him to smile back at her.

"So this mission?" Leonard asked. "They called all Top Gun graduates for this." Daisy said. "Which means you will be seeing Rooster again?" He questioned and she nodded. Before he answer, she beat him to it. "Dad, Bradshaw and I are only friends." Daisy said sternly. "Since you guys were children." Leonard said and Daisy smiled.

"I have heard of Maverick?" Leonard asked his daughter. "Yeah, he was the one who pulled Rooster's papers." Daisy said, Leonard looked shocked. "Maverick? Why would he do that?" Leonard questioned his daughter.

"Maybe a lot as to do with his father Goose? Maverick doesn't want the same fate for Rooster but at the same time, he shouldn't have done it... Dad, it set him back four years with his career." Daisy said. 

He sighed. "Your right, but he's been protective of him since his father's death but at the same time, he's gotta be able to go for his dreams." Leonard said, Daisy nodded.

"So have you heard from Hollywood?" Daisy questioned. 

"We aren't close like we were in Top Gun but We talk every now and then. He's proud of you Daisy." He said. Daisy smiled. 

Daisy as always consider Hollywood as family, more like an Uncle.

"What about Iceman?" Daisy asked. Daisy was thankful for Iceman because He's pushed Daisy to go forth for the Navy, so Daisy has looked up to him like she looks up to many including her father.

"Yeah, but we wasn't close at Top Gun. His cancer is back."  Leonard said and Daisy sighed. "That's sucks, but he's a tough, he's got it." Daisy said as she was being hopeful.

"You are always hopeful, even through bad situations, you got this sweetheart. Just remember, always stay sharp." Leonard said with a smile.

"Of course, That's the best thing you can do in situations like that, but anyways see you soon." Daisy said.

"Question? Your staying with Phoenix correct?" Her father asked and she nodded.

"Tell her I said Hi." He said which caused her to smile. "Of course dad." Daisy replied.

Daisy stepped out of the house, she stopped for a moment. "I got this, I got this." Daisy muttered to herself as she walked to her Red Chevy impala. It was 1967. She had the motor restored and everything. 

Daisy smiled, "Hello you beauty." She said as she approached her car.

She hopped in and saw the photo of her mom and dad that she had taped on. "Don't worry Momma, like I told dad, I got this, I got this." Daisy said to herself. She turned on her car.

She pulled out of the driveway and drove off to the hard deck.

.............