Chap. 8

Y/N's POV

I woke up and yawned quietly, looking around the big comfy box thing. My eye then landed on Garth, still curled up sleeping but he had a frown plastered on his face. I stood up and stretched and almost fell over, my legs were numb. I carefully and quietly walked over to the back and pushed the door thing open and sat enjoying the nice breeze and calm moment. It was sunset right now and the sight was plain out gorgeous. I sighed contentedly until I heard shuffling and groaning behind me. I turned to look at Garth still frowning and sleeping, but changing positions.

I turned my whole body to him and started petting his head and he calmed down and lost some of his frown. He looked so, so peaceful and handsome, heck, even pretty. He is pretty manly too, he's strong, he's nice, he's sweet, he's ... perfect. I shook my head roughly. 'Stop it Y/n! Even if you wanted to be with him, he still has to marry Kate! If he doesn't, doom will fall onto the valley. Besides, alphas and omegas can't mate.'

I sighed and went back to the open door thing and watched the scenery. 'This traveling is actually pretty fun, maybe... I shouldn't go back home. I could continue traveling with Marcel and Paddy. But first, I need to help Garth, then I'll make my own choice,' I sigh as I look back at him. He was sleeping so peacefully, it almost made me forget a war was on the way. I gave in and found myself curling up beside him and slowly falling back into slumber.

Narrator's POV

"Hey Kate! What's with the frown?" Humphrey asked the upset alpha standing beside him, sighing. "It's about Y/n, I'm worried about her," Kate replies with another sigh. "Y/n? Why are you so worried about her?" Humphrey asks with concern. "You haven't heard? She's missing and nobody can find her," Kate panics. "Y/n's missing? When did this happen?" Humphrey asks, jumping to his feet in surprise. "During the moonlight howl, she didn't come back home and apparently Garth is missing too," Kate stiffens worriedly.

"Ugh, why is Barf so important?" Humphrey sighs and plops down again rolling his eyes. "It's Garth, and it's about responsibilities. I wouldn't expect an omega to understand," Kate fumes and rolls her eyes. "Why are you so hung up on responsibilities? Relax and take it slow, your ears might fall off," Humphrey jokes and Kate fumes more. "Relax? Omegas play all day, I have a duty, to lead the pack, not play with little omegas," Kate huffs and starts walking away.

"Kate, you know I didn't mean it like that," Humphrey defends and follows after her. "I don't have time to joke with you, I'm going," Kate ignores and walks faster, Humphrey catching up quickly. "Where are you going?" Humphrey sighs. "I'm gonna find Y/n and Garth, I can't stand by while everyone else is looking. "Even though I don't like Barf, but I'll help look for Y/n, she's like a little sis to me," Humphrey declares and follows Kate. She may have looked like she didn't care, but under her facade, Humphrey noticed a little smile.

Y/n's POV

It was night time now and I had been pacing around whimpering. I wasn't quite used to being cooped up and I needed to stretch my legs and run around outside. The atmosphere around me was suffocating and I felt extremely awkward around Garth. I kept thinking about sappy stuff and I am convinced that I was crushing on him hard.

"Y/n, you okay? You've been pacing around in a circle for a while now," Garth asks, watching me with a hint of concern. "Me? Umm, yeah. I'm fine, I just need to stretch my legs," I reply with a nervous chuckle. Just then we stopped and the humans walked out. "Do you wanna step out and stretch?" Garth offered after noticing that we've stopped. "Yes please! I just need some fresh air, I won't take long," I said and hurried out, not giving him a chance to speak.

I started stretching my body and wandered close by, breathing in the fresh air. I instantly felt relieved that I wasn't trapped with Garth anymore. Losing my thoughts I smelled something sweet and followed the scent which led me to a package. I tried ripping the package off and after a while it eventually worked. Another moving box stopped between the sight of the one with Garth. In this one a little human and a dog.

The human had a treat, similar to the one I opened, and started doing tricks with his. I copied until I decided to eat the treat and wander more until a door opened and a man stopped, terrified of my presence. He started yelling and another man came out with a gun. He pointed it right at me and loaded it as the little human left and I froze. I tried moving away but I couldn't.

Out of nowhere Garth pounced on the man and ran away calling my name. I broke out of my trance and followed him with my heart racing until we were blocked by a fence. I turned around to the man pointing the gun at both of us. The gun shot and missed us, a hole made in the fence instead. Relieved me and Garth went through and ran as we could away on a hill and watched our ride leave. I sighed and looked down and away from Garth shamefully.

"I'm so sorry. I know how important it is for you to get back as fast as possible," I whimpered. "Don't worry about it, we'll find another way," Garth said, trying to reassure me. "Garth, I just made a terrible mistake! It'll take us longer to get home now because I was selfish and couldn't sit still. Now a war could spread throughout the valley," I said, blaming myself for being stupid. "Y/n, we'll be there before that happens, I promise," Garth said, forcing me to look at him.

I studied his face for assurance and looked in his eyes. There was no doubt in his presence, only determination and reassurance, telling me everything was going to be alright. I nodded and backed away with a slight blush. "Then let's go," I said, determinedly walking away. Garth smiled and followed after me. "After all, how much worse can it get?" I mumbled to myself. Then, it started to rain.

1086 words. HEY EVERYONE!!!! IM SO SORRY I TOOK FOREVER TO UPDATE! MY ACCOUNT WAS BLOCKED OR SOMETHING, I COULDNT LOG IN! DUE TO THIS I MAY NEED TO TRANSFER EVERYTHING TO A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT!!! SO BE ON THE LOOK OUT!!

I missed writing this so bad and a lot of you seem to enjoy the story so thank you for all the support! Also im watching the movie from netflix and its getting taken off on the 31 so theres that. Im going to try to squeeze it all in between that time frame, if i don't get it finished then ill have to look into other resources!

EATSLEEPHYDRATEBEYASELFLUVYASELFSIMPTOUCHGRASS

HAVEAGOODWHATEVERITISFORYOURIGHTNOW!!!!!

Jan 23, 2023