Chapter 2

Stiles edged closer to the group of people. He was now able to see them more clearly, 2 girls and 3 boys. One of the girls appeared to be stripping down. This seems like something that he might not want to get involved in, damn teenage hormones. that was until she ran towards the edge and jumped off causing Stiles to edge closer again tensing as the others run towards where she jumped. Stiles moved into a better position, now only a few metres away from them but still hidden in the bushes watching for their next move.

"Octavia... We can't swim." He heard one of the boys call out. Octavia. That must be the name of the girl in the water. That could come in handy later.

"No, but we can stand." She replied before standing up in the water grinning and letting out a small laugh.

"Wait. There's not supposed to be a river here." Stiles heard the blonde girl say making him turn to look toward her.

"Well, there is, so take your damn clothes off." That line made Stiles slightly disgusted as it did not sound right coming out of the boy's mouth, especially considering the look that he was giving her, not to mention his appearance in general.

A few moments later Stiles' eyes darted back toward the river away from the people seeing a ripple being made in the water. He quickly checked the ground and found a decent enough stick that could be used as a weapon against whatever that creature was.

"Octavia, get out of the water." With that Stiles stood up and took a few steps back before running toward the river and jumping toward Octavia getting ready to either grab her or the creature.

"Get out of the water now!" A boy called before the creature grabbed Octavia and pulled her under the water prepared to swim off with her before Stiles landed in the water and plunged the stick deep into the creature's skin. It let her go with a muffled cry in response to the stab. Octavia thrashed around in the water not being able to swim as the creature turned itself around and swam toward Stiles.

As it drew nearer Stiles grabbed his trusty stick and plunged it deep into the creature's eye just before it could latch onto him with its mouth. To his surprise, the stab appeared to be fatal as the creature stopped moving and floated to the surface. Stiles pulled back his stick and tossed it away before making his way back over to the girl who was still struggling in the water. He picked her up and carried her towards the shore where her friends were waiting. The blonde girl rushed to Octavia's side inspecting the bite mark left on her leg before reaching over and ripping a strip of cloth off of his shirt.

'Damn, I loved this shirt' Stiles thought earning a laugh from Abyss who had been silently watching from beside the group.

"Thank you, thank you." Octavia quickly breathed out reaching over and hugging Stiles as the blonde wrapped the cloth around her leg in hopes of stopping the bleeding.

"You're going to be okay." the blonde said before finishing tying the knot in the cloth. Stiles looked down at the wound on her leg and noticed a brown liquid seeping out.

'It's poison.' Abyss told Stiles making him snap over to where Abyss was now crouching down inspecting the wound

"Shit" Stiles said causing the others to look at him slightly confused.

"What? What is it? What are you looking at?" the blonde asked looking between him and Octavia's wound.

'Stiles, just repeat after me.' Abyss told him before stiles started to copy him word for word to let the others know what to do.

"It's poison. Alright blue jacket, goggles, in the forest I need you to find me some small white flowers and bring them to me. Blondie roll her onto her side." Stiles said with full authority but instead, they just look at him with shock and confusion.

"If you want to save her life, do as I say. NOW!" Stiles said this time with a bit of the fox's power hoping that it would help get his message across. Which seemed to work as the 2 boys ran off into the forest and the girl rolled Octavia onto her side.

"Who are you? How do you know its pois-"?

"Not the time, you come here. I need some water from the river." Stiles cut the girl off looking towards the other boy who quickly sprang into action moving down towards the water and using his hands to scoop the water up before walking back to them.

"Blondie hold her hand, this will hurt. Alright, pour the water into her wound." Stiles said before Octavia tightly grasped the other girl's hand and screamed out in pain. A few moments later the other 2 boys returned carrying an assortment of different small white flowers.

Stiles quickly grabbed the first type, listening to Abyss on whether it was the right one before throwing them away and reaching for the next. This happened 3 more times before Abyss said it was the right ones and Stiles quickly put them into his mouth chewing them once again shocking the others. He grabbed Octavia's hand nodding to her before taking the flowers out of his mouth with his other hand and forcing them into the open wound. Once again, she screamed out in pain before passing out. Stiles slumped back breathing heavily.

"Thank you for saving her life but now it is time to answer some questions." The blonde girl said looking straight at Stiles with a serious expression.

"Fire away," Stiles said before leaning against a rock behind him.

"Let's start off easy. What is your name?" Stiles stopped, remembering what Abyss had told him. And what the voice told him during his journey here.

'It's time for you to be who you were born to be. Wake up Mieczyslaw Franko.'

"Mieczyslaw Franko. But I prefer to be called Stiles, it's easier to say." Stiles said getting nods from the others as he could see them trying to say his name in their heads.

"Why were you out here, the dropship is a fair distance away," Blondie asked inspecting Stiles' face.

"Wanted to do some sightseeing, get my bearings." Stiles truthfully responded.

"Why did you jump in to save her, you could've gotten yourself killed," she asked turning her head towards Octavia.

"If I hadn't jumped in there is a high chance that she would be dead now."

"How did you know how to kill it?" One of the boys asked taking a slight step back possibly suspecting that he was some kind of killer.

"Most animals have similar weak spots no matter what they look like," Stiles answered. He had often spent his time browsing through books and websites that detailed the anatomy of different animals.

"I'm guessing you were in solitary the entire time because I don't remember seeing you in the skybox." One of the other boys chimed in looking at me.

'Time to put my lying skills to use.' Stiles thought giving a subtle look to Abyss to was seated next to him on the rock.