Chapter 26

"It's too quiet," Stiles said noticing that everything was silent. Now Stiles was sure he wasn't paranoid, they should've heard something by now. A voice, a cry, anything. Any sign of life.

"We'll take it from here. Banks, Scanlon, you stay with them. We'll signal once we're sure it's safe." Kane commanded and moved to the dropship with Abby and some guards.

"Do they really think I'm just gonna wait here?" Stiles scoffed while he glanced around.

"We need a stretcher!" Someone yelled from the dropship. Finn, Bellamy and Stiles started walking forward but the guards stopped them. The three of them looked at each other before they ran to a tunnel. They got inside the camp or what was once their camp and looked around.

There were burnt corpses everywhere. The ashes on the burnt ground were black and there was no sign of life. It was like everything was gone. Everything they had built had been ruined and it formed an uneasy feeling in Stiles' chest.

"Where the hell are they?" Finn asked looking around. The sounds of grunting stole their attention and they glanced towards the sound.

Once they did, they noticed Kane helping Murphy walk out of the dropship. Stiles' face hardened at the sight of his face. He was enraged because of what he had done to those 2 boys, Raven and Bellamy. He walked towards him and pushed him harshly. Bellamy came beside him and started attacking Murphy.

"You murdering son of a bitch." A guard struck Bellamy with a shock baton and he fell to the ground due to the electricity.

"Bellamy!" Stiles shouted as he ran towards him, but Finn's grip on his arms stopped him.

"Place him under arrest," Kane commanded and two guards grabbed Bellamy pulling him off the ground.

"Wait. You don't understand. Murphy murdered two of our people. He shot another one. He tried to hang Bellamy." Finn told Kane in disbelief.

"I don't care. You are not animals. There are rules. Laws. You are not in control here anymore." Kane almost shouted causing Stiles to scoff.

"You really think that you're in control, wannabe Chancellor? You think that you can just come here and order us around like you did on the Ark. Well guess what? You are not in charge of me." Stiles snarled.

The tarp of the dropship opened suddenly and two guards carried Raven on a stretcher with Abby following them. Stiles walked towards them with Finn.

"What happened to her?"

"She's lost a lot of blood. It's a miracle that she's still alive." She looked at Finn and then Stiles. "There's no one else in there." Abby started walking away and motioned for the guards to do the same. "Come on. Put her down over here." Bellamy walked away and sat down on a rock; Stiles followed his actions and did the same.

"How the hell did grounders manage to take them?" Bellamy questioned and Stiles sighed.

"We don't even know if Grounders were the ones to take them." He shrugged.

Bellamy scoffed, "Who else then?"

"I don't know, I wasn't here, same as you. But we were warned that we 'made the mountain men angry', so maybe they had something to do with it." Stiles told him, "But I hope we'll find them. And Octavia."

"Do you have any idea where Lincoln took her?" He asked.

"He said the arrow was poisoned so he would need a cure, but I'm not sure where he could find a cure." He added, "Talia told me he was returning to his village to ask a favour."

"And where is that village?" Bellamy questioned.

"I don't know, I've never been there." Stiles shrugged just before Finn approached them.

"We're leaving," Finn informed the two of them.

"What? This is where they'll come back." Bellamy huffed and looked at Finn.

"I don't think they're coming back. The Grounders took them and you know that." He crouched down in front of the two of them. "Look, we go with Kane to Alpha Station, we get reinforcements, and weapons, then we find our friends."

"One question. How many more of us will be dead by then?" Bellamy questioned and glanced at Raven who was lying on a stretcher unconscious.

"Abby says Raven needs surgery or she's gonna die," Finn informed them. "It's time to go." He said before standing up and following the guards carrying Raven.

"Bellamy, I'm not going with you, if you need me, I will be hanging around the dropship for the next few days," Stiles whispered to Bellamy who just looked at him shocked.

"It's time to go. Abby? Let's get ready to move out. We gotta get there before dark." Kane told Abby who was writing on the dropship wall.

A guard pulled Bellamy up and started walking. Stiles started walking behind them, he stopped to read the message that Abby had written.

CLARKE, PLEASE COME HOME 22 KM SOUTH/SW – MOM

Stiles halted by the gates of the camp, he looked at the guards and Bellamy then at Finn who stopped to notice that he wasn't following.

"Don't wait for me." Was all he said before he ran in the other direction, disappearing in the woods before Finn could object.

He had to hide behind small bushes from the guards until he ran into the shade of the trees of the woods. He kept a slow pace as he walked down a path that led to Talia's cave.

When he arrived, he went through the entrance down the path and into the larger area where her cot was. She had her back turned to him.

He didn't know if she heard him come in, but he continued to sneak up. Once he was right behind her, he drew his knife and held it to her throat, to his surprise he found a dagger aimed at his chest. He smiled in response, bringing the knife back away from her neck and into its sheath.

"You're getting better," Stiles said getting a shrug in response. "I thought you said you were supposed to be heading to Polis," Stiles stated looking at her as she turned around.

"It can wait," Talia responded, placing her dagger back down on to the bed.

"You don't have time; it's already getting dark," Stiles told her.

"I will leave in the morning." He smiled at her response.

When morning came and Stiles awoke, he saw that Talia had left early and although he knew it was for the best, he was still saddened to know that she was gone. But only for a second. He had stuff to do and he couldn't spend his time mopping around. He left the cave and went back to the dropship.

He looked around at the burnt remains before his eyes landed on a small black cylinder. "Well, this is interesting." Upon closer inspection, he could immediately tell that it was a kind of smoke grenade, thanks to all the time he spent at the sheriff's station. "I guess it was the mountain who took them." As he finished the sound of a gunshot echoed through the forest.

Dokwochaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें