Chapter 10

"I was wondering when you would decide to start our lessons," Talia said as she jumped down out of the tree and stood in front of him armed with all of her weapons.

"You reckon you have enough weapons?" Stiles asked.

"I didn't know what you would decide to do for the first lesson so I figured that I would come prepared."

"Fair enough. Let us begin. First, tell me what the 2 most important things in a battle are?"

"Awareness and attacking."

"You are half right. Awareness of oneself and their surroundings is most definitely one but attacking is irrelevant in a fight."

"Then what is it?"

"Reaction. If you were to attack me right now, I would react and block the attack before countering it with one of my own. If you keep reacting to what is happening no attack will ever find its mark. And eventually, they will slip up and give you the chance to take them out."

"Alright, I think I am getting it so far."

"When your awareness and reactions are in sync you will become unstoppable. But words are useless unless you see what I mean so I shall prepare a live demonstration. Abyss let's show her what we can do. Let's do the bullet storm." Abyss appeared 10 meters away from the pair and a machine gun materialized in his hands. Abyss begins to fire bullet after bullet directly at Stiles who smirks over at Talia before swinging his knife stopping the first bullet and moving it to get the second one. Stiles continues for a full minute spinning, sidestepping, and flipping in every direction all while swinging his knife not letting a single bullet get past him.

"Well, that was fun. Would you like to hear your results?" Stiles turned around to see Talia staring at him with her mouth wide open amazed by what she just saw.

"Sure, how did I do?" Stiles answered turning back to Abyss as he moved back towards them.

"I shot 180 bullets and you deflected them all. Perfect score, well done Stiles." Abyss said as the gun dematerialized.

"So, are you saying that I will become that good?" Talia asked awestruck.

"After a few years, it is highly likely. But if you can deflect even one bullet, purposefully, I would be impressed."

"Why is that?"

"The average speed of a bullet is at least 200m/s. No ordinary human has ever been able to deflect a bullet as it is moving too fast for them to see."

"But you can do it."

"I am no ordinary human. I have Abyss bonded to me."

"Then why did you say that I can become as good as you after a few years?"

"My powers came from Abyss the moment he bonded, I'm sure that I will be able to teach you everything if we have enough time."

"Is there no easier way?"

"If I was able to do a blood transfusion it would save me all the trouble, then I would be able to temporarily transfer Abyss, but my blood is not compatible with anyone."

"What do you mean it's not compatible?" Talia asked before Stiles grabbed one of her knives and cut his palm before holding it up for her to see revealing black blood where the cut was made.

"Natblida." Talia said looking at the blood.

"Yes, I am what your people would call a Nightblood. It's a genetic condition I have had since birth."

"So, if I was a Nightblood would this transfusion work?" She asked before taking the knife from Stiles and cutting her own hand revealing the same black blood that he was bleeding.

"You are just full of surprises, aren't you?" Stiles said and Talia just shrugged. "I think it just might. But I must warn you that during the transfusion you will be unconscious and once it is finished you will be in constant pain for a few days."

"I don't care. Let's do it."

"Alright then. Let's head back to that cave from the other day and we will do it there." Stiles said before they took off towards the direction of the cave. Once they arrived Talia began removing her weapons before turning to face Stiles.

"Abyss, you know what to do."

"Ok, may the both of you please lay down on your backs." They both did as the Abyss crouched and stabbed Stiles' arm with a needle and began extracting blood. Once he had finished, he moved over to Talia and injected her with a serum that would knock her out for a few hours. Once she was out, he stabbed her again and this time began injecting Stiles' blood into her system while taking an equal amount of her own at the same time. After 3 hours Abyss retracted the needle and a few minutes later Talia began to wake up.

"Oh, my God. My head is killing me." Talia said as she sat up and reached for her head.

"Here, drink this. It should help lower the pain." Stiles held out a cup with a green liquid in it which she quickly took from him and drank in an instant. After a few minutes, she stopped feeling the pain in her body and began to stand up.

"The solution will only last for 24 hours. I will prepare a fresh bowl then so you can have another drink."

"Thank you," Talia said before they saw a bright light from outside the cave accompanied by a whistling sound.

"What the hell was that? Abyss?"

"The people at camp appear to have fired a number of signal rockets overhead heading west."

"My village is in that direction. I have to go and warn them."

"I agree. Go. Be careful, you may still be weak from the transfusion."

"I will. See you tomorrow." That was the last thing Talia said before grabbing her stuff and taking off running through the forest. After a few moments, Stiles made his way back to camp and slipped in over the wall beside the dropship in order to avoid a confrontation at the main gate. After a few hours, Stiles begins walking around the camp and eventually runs into Clarke and Bellamy talking and walks up to them.

"Hey, have either one of you seen Octavia?"

"You're looking for her too. Clarke?"

"No. It's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies, or—"

"Clarke I've checked the camp. She's not here."

"I can also testify to that."

"Okay. I'll help you find her. Let's check again. Bellamy, you go to the dropship, Stiles, you and I will check the tents."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it for Octavia." With that, they each went their separate ways and looked through the entire camp.

"I got nothing, You?"

"Nope. Maybe Bellamy has something." Clarke says before seeing Bellamy walk out into the open carrying a bag of weapons.

"Hey. Everybody, gather around and grab a weapon. My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her."

"Bellamy I'm going to take off now and check the south side. I will see if there is anything there."

"Hey, no. we need a tracker."

"You have Finn and besides any traces I find would be ruined if others got in my way.

"Alright, go. Be careful. We will follow you in a little bit. Find her."

"You got it" Stiles took off running out the main gate and down south of the dropship looking for any sign that she might be around.