Chapter 15

"So, where are you two off to?"

"Jesus Stiles. Way to scare me."

"I have set up a meeting with the Grounders."

"Sounds like a good idea. Let's go." Stiles said before Finn turned around and started walking away leaving Clarke and Stiles to follow.

"I'd love it if you were right about this but did you ever consider it might be a trap?" Clarke asked Finn as they walked through the forest.

"Yep. But since it's Unity Day, I decided to have hope instead." Finn took a step and then groaned in pain.

"Hey. Let me have a look at that." Clarke said before Finn pulled up his shirt so she could look at the wound after a few moments they just looked longingly into each other's eyes.

"Ahem, sorry to ruin the moment but we've got to keep moving," Stiles said fed up with their endless longing gazes. They quickly jumped apart making Stiles smirk.

"Seriously, Finn, you are putting a lot of faith in a guy who stuck a knife in you."

"You are sounding more and more like Bellamy."

"I'm just trying to keep us alive."

"So am I," Finn said before walking off with Stiles leaving Clarke behind but she caught up soon after.

"Talia made it back to her leader; she will be partaking in the meeting and has requested that you do the same," Abyss told Stiles as the group moved toward the bridge. After a small run, they make it and see Octavia there waiting for them.

"I was wondering how you managed to set this up," Stiles said looking at Octavia before giving her a small nod.

"You helped him escape, didn't you?" Clarke said looking at Octavia.

"I trust him, Clarke."

"There's a lot of that going around."

"Someone's coming," Stiles said drawing their attention to the other side of the bridge. They see Lincoln come running out and onto the bridge causing Octavia to run up to him and embracing him in a warm hug. Moments later a few horses come galloping out of the trees.

"Oh, my God. Horses." Clarke said watching as they come to a stop. As they do Finn runs up to Lincoln.

"Hey, we said no weapons."

"I was told there wouldn't be."

"It's too late now." Clarke and Finn start to walk toward the Grounders before Lincoln holds out his arm blocking Finn from walking.

"She goes with him," Lincoln said looking over at Stiles who gave a small nod and started walking up to where Clarke was waiting.

"We'll be fine," Clarke said reassuring Finn as Stiles stands next to her and they start walking over towards the Grounders. As they walk Talia and another woman get off their horses and start walking as well. Both sides stop once they reach the middle.

"Your name is Clarke?" The other woman asked.

"Yes."

"I'm Anya. And I'm guessing this is Stiles." She said looking over at him.

"That is correct. Who is this?" Stiles asked keeping a straight face as he looked at Talia.

"This is Talia, she is here to observe this meeting." Clarke nodded and held out her hand for Anya to shake, but she just looked down at it before looking back to her face. Both Talia and Stiles smirked at the exchange before giving each other a subtle glance but didn't say anything out loud.