Busted

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO NICKELODEON ANIMATION STUDIOS

Chapter 5: Busted

After a rather surprising night of patrol, the turtles went home before Mikey decided to go to bed but when he opens the door to his room, he finds the lights were on and there was Splinter, waiting for him on his bed.

Splinter was lately feeling unsure about Mikey's behaviour and such; while the turtle acts the same to Splinter, the humanoid rat can tell there is a certain change in his youngest son and is rather concerned on why he is acting different, especially when he saw that Michelangelo's room was rather clean and spotless;

"Hey papa" Mikey acted like the Mikey 1.0 to Splinter.

"My son, come sit with me" Splinter pats on the bed.

Mikey suspects Splinter is catching on but fulfilling the promise not showing Splinter his new improvement for his brothers, he sat down rather casually and moved his legs up and down happily.

"What's up?" Mikey casually asked.

"Michelangelo, I am lately worried about you" Splinter said in concern.

"Why? Am I in trouble?" The turtle quizzed.

"You're not in trouble" Splinter shook his head and puts an comfort arm around him: "Son, I'm noticing a change in you and I cannot tell if I should be concern or not"

"What do you mean?" Mikey tilts his head.

"For starters, your room is always spotless every day and though I shouldn't complain, it's just you always leave it in a bit of a mess" Splinter replied.

"So I want my room to be clean now, that's no biggie, is it?" Mikey shrugged.

"No, of course not and it's no problem that your cooking as well as your training has rather improved greatly but what concerns me that is I can feel a sense of repression in you; your expressions seems so lifeless and you look as though you're trying not to do something wrong in front of your brothers every time I'm near you" Splinter explained.

"I'm doing better, papa; I thought that would make you happy" Mikey replied.

"It would but...I can tell this change is something that you have no control over; I can tell you're pretending to be happy because I've seen you boys talking from afar and though I have no hearing of your conversations, the way I seen you over there is not the Michelangelo I known" Splinter pointed out.

Michelangelo suddenly drops the facade and reveals the changes in front of Splinter as he spoke in the same monotone voice: "So you noticed"

Splinter's eyes widened at that before he asked: "Michelangelo, what is really going on with you? You sound so...dull, and you look as if all the happiness and joy that makes you who you are, the son I love so much is gone; Tell me! Why are you acting like this?!" Splinter asked in deep concern.

"I'm alright, father, I am perfect now" Michelangelo assured the humanoid rat.

"What do you mean by perfect?" Splinter quizzed.

"It wasn't my idea but Donatello created the Bionic-Intelligence-Organism to improve everything in me" Michelangelo revealed.

Splinter looked at his changed son in bewilderment before he slowly asked: "Donatello created...what?"

"My brothers wanted me to improve on my strength, my smarts and everything that was flawed in me so I was given a drug called the Bionic-Intelligence-Organism or BIO for short and since then I've become the perfect being to them and they are much happier now than they were with Mikey 1.0" Michelangelo revealed.