'Sociopath'

[Written: 13th September 2019]

I laid there on my bed, just staring up at the ceiling.

Well F*** What am I going to do? Both my parents have just been confirmed dead.

Will I have to find a job, this wasn't meant to happen... not this early.

I sit up, stretch and collect my most important belongings which consisted of:

My sketchbook,

Some pencils,

My lighter,

A change of clothes

And all the money in the house.

I crumple a piece of my sketchbook paper, light it with my lighter and throw it on a fuzzy green mat located in the centre of the house in the hallway. I rush through the now burning walls and out the door. I sprint down the path that leads to the town and walks through an alleyway to the other side of town. I walk up to his doorstep and knock on it three times, a small scrawny boy opens the door and greets me with a hug.

He is the only one I can trust, he's the only one that knows about it, my condition

"Hello?...earth to Jòse... are you there?"

I snap out of it

"Hello Piet," I say as I let myself in

"What are you doing here? aren't you meant to be planning your parents funeral or something?"

"No, why would I, I don't need them to survive, I have you," I say looking down at his bright red face.

"S...s...seriously, no love... well, at least not... to your parents." Piet exclaims "YOU CAN'T JUST LET YOURSELF IN... well, I guess you can............"

The sun shone in our faces as we laid on a rock covered in soft moss suddenly Piet screamed "OH MY F***ING GOD!" I look over to see a fairy hovering over him, it's black lifeless eye staring at him

"Feed me," it said in its husky little voice "Feed me!"

"Run!"

I hopped up, grabbed Piet and sprinted into the surrounding forest, I knew we shouldn't have gone there. I should have just stayed away from the flying blobs of tar that infect that sea of red petals.

We ran to the safety of the house and made ourselves a cup of coffee each.

_________________________

I clearly had no idea what I wanted writing this cringe-fest.