'The Window'

[Written:13th October 2019]

Chapter 1

The car pulled into the driveway of our new house, the gravel crunching beneath the tyres. I open the car door and step out taking a deep breath of the crisp morning air. I open the boot and grab me and my younger sisters bags whilst my mum carries her inside. As I turn to go inside I look over at our new neighbours, it was an older house, mine had only been around a year or so.  In the corner of my eye, I saw a figure in the second-story window, I brushed it off and went inside.

I spent most of the day sleeping on the couch or helping mum unpack something. After dinner I was getting ready for bed when I heard a knock on the ranch slider that led out into a small garden, I open the curtain and see a small package sitting on the grass I slide open the door and retrieve the package I sit in the corner of my empty room and rip open the brown paper exposing a small brown box inside there was a letter that read, Welcome Neighbor.

Under the paper was a lighter engraved with the initials P.M. I put the lighter back in its little compartment and put it in my suitcase. Why?

The moving truck screeched to a halt and the driver hopped out and opened the back

________________________

And it was never worked on again...