'Till I Lay in my Death Bed'

[Written: 15th July 2019]

Chapter 1: Why

His feet crunch against the gravel, following a small path walking towards home. He looked back to see the town shrinking into the distance. The fog slowly surrounds him as he continues on careful to stay on the path. The sun started its descent into the depths of the mountains surrounding the forest, he had to get home fast.

He looked into the distance and saw the silhouette of his house covered by the fog. Footsteps, footsteps all around him, he ran as fast as he could, looking only forward nowhere else returning home just before the sun fully hid leaving the valley dark and dangerous.

"Where have you been!?"

Flora shouted with Fauna standing behind her not daring to speak.

"I was just getting something from the shops before we go into shutdown for the whole winter"

He said cowardly.

"Oscar, look I know you hate this but it's just something we have to do to stay alive."

Fauna said butting in stepping up from behind Flora and patting his messy brown hair strolling past into the kitchen.

He climbed up and into the attic, he pulled up a loose floorboard and lifted out his sketchbook and started drawing.

"Dinner!"

Flora called, crowds of creatures swarmed into the dining hall taking their seats as fauna placed a bowl of food at each seat.

"Elizabeth have you seen Oliver?"

She asked

"No, but I think he's in his room or something."

Elizabeth replied

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, he's been acting weirder than usual, I'm getting concerned."

Flora said with a worried tone as she started walking away, her Viney hair flowing behind her.

"Oscar?"

"Are you up here?"

She said looking around, she looked at the window to see it swinging in the cool night breeze, she rushed over and shut the hatch making oscar, who was sitting in the corner jump smudging his drawing in the process.

"Oscar! There you are, dinners ready."

"I know, I'm not hungry."

He replied in an annoyed tone.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

He shouted sending Flora crashing into a wall and falling to the floor as he ran to the window and jumped out and surfing on the wind into the night.

Chapter 2: A New Friend

As he glided through the trees Oliver thought about how he had shouted at Flora for no reason, he felt bad but at the same time he was proud, this was the first time he had stood up for himself, it was a good reason.

In the distance, he could see water sprinkling up over the treetops. He started his descent to observe the scene closer. He landed in the trees nearby and started walking closer, he was surprised to find a boy around his age struggling to control water flying from his hands.

Then it clicked, this boy was the same as him he was special.

Oliver ran over to him

"Do you need some help?"

He asked the boy looked over to him, his hair was blonde and his eyes were a dark blue. He froze and his face started to become even redder than it already was,

"S-sure"

He stuttered, Oliver made wind surround the water, making a floating aquarium, minus the fish. Making it explode and rain down softly.

"T-thanks, I'm jack, I don't think I caught y-your name."

"Its Oliver, you're welcome."

Oliver replied,

"is it just you out here?"

"Yeah I'm looking for a tree, a tree house thing, you know what I'm saying."

Jack replied

"Really because I just came from there... I kinda had a fight with someone. Can help you get there."

Oliver said generously

________________________

This one is longer it seems, this was also used as a base for an actual English assessment which got me a Merit (thats good btw)