'Words r hard'

[Written: 26th August 2020]

The wood crackled against the heat of the wild flames in the fireplace as the smoke drifted upwards through the chimney, floating through the cold winter air. He walked past the mantle and down the hallway. He didn't want to deal with the crowds of the other half of the house. He reached for the handle and opened the door, letting the harsh winter temperatures crash into the formerly toasty house. As he stepped outside the cold air surrounded him, giving him a strange sense of comfort. Pacing through the snow he headed towards a tree close to the properties fence line. He climbed up onto one of the higher branches and took out his phone, scrolling through the playlists he found the one he was looking for and tucked it back in his pocket, pulling his good back over his head. Looking over the tall wooden fence he could see the path that headed for the forest. Crunch. The footsteps startled him, leading him to lose his balance and fall from the tree. Dazed he stood up and looked over to the creator of the noise.

"You allrite there mate?" The guy asked as he started walking over,

"Yeah, I'm ok." He replied

"You sure, ya look a little pale." The stranger stated

"It's just the crowds." It was a good excuse, he was hoping this beautiful stranger would leave.

"You wanna go on a walk?" The man asked.

Instead of a verbal reply he nodded shyly from the person standing in front of him, he had scruffy black hair and piercings covering his face. He was wearing a baggy blue sweater and a pair of ripped skinny jeans. The stranger paced towards him,

"I didn't catch your name." The man asked

"O-oh it's Michael." He replied

"Hello Michael, the names Xavier." He proclaimed.

___________________

I'm pretty sure this was my first attempt of writing a romance and GOD is it baddddd.