Love Heals- Part 1

timeline: post abhira 2.0's reunion

It was around 2am. Abhimanyu and Akshara were cuddling, while sleeping. All of a sudden, Akshara's wakes up, feelings some disturbances. She sees Abhimanyu mumbling something which was barely audible. But, he was visibly shaking too! 

"Abhi..." she tried to wake him up.
"Akshu... n..noo.. please... don't go Akshu." Abhi mumbled, while holding Akshara even tightly, still in his sleep.
"Sshh Abhi.... I'm just here... Please wake up na jaan..." She caressed his forehead, her voice loaded with concern.

That is when Abhimanyu shot his eyes open, sweat all over his face and his body still shaking as aftereffects of the dream... or the nightmare he just saw.

"Here, Abhi, drink some water" He heard her voice.
"Ak...Akshuu" he took the glass from her hands and kept it on the side table. Instead, he just hid himself in her arms, trying to get lost in the warmth of her body. 

Akshu too reciprocated the hug and with one caressed his hair. 

"Abhi... you had a bad dream na?" She kissed his head.
"Yes...No...Voh...Aksh..." he kept mumbling, still unable to form a complete sentence.

Akshu understood this was serious. She gave him time to calm down and he slowly started feeling drowsy again. She adjusted his head in her lap, giving him light pecks every now and then. Soon, he got comfortable and sleep took over.

But Akshara, she couldn't even think of sleeping after that. Abhimanyu's condition caused her sleep to vanish and worry took over. The whole night, or till she last remembers, she kept caressing his head, getting alarmed even on the slightest turn he took in sleep. It was around 5 am that she somehow, slept, taking the support of the headboard.

When Abhimanyu woke up at 7 in the morning, he felt the familiar warmth again. He looked up and realised Akshu made him sleep in her lap after last night. Guilt took over as he recalled his behavior of last night. 

"This shouldn't have happened! I shouldn't have let Akshara know that I get these nightmares!" He freshened up and had some biscuits with tea.

'All this happened because I did not take my medicine last night! But, Akshara can never know that I have all these anxiety issues! I... I will tell her that it was just a bad night and she'll forget it I'm sure..' he tried reassuring himself and went on to search for his anxiety pills.

He looked into the drawer but just found empty packets. He remembered keeping some of them in another rack and started searching there, causing a jewellery box to fall down.

Akshara's eyes shot open at the loud sound and she looked at Abhi, who was picking up the things and putting them back in place as if he was some thief! She was about to move towards him when-

"Shit Abhi! What an idiot you are! You cannot let her know about this!" 
"Know about what?" Akshara responded.

'Damn it!'
"Good morning baby!" Abhimanyu quickly kept the jewellery box back in place and a pleasant smile took over his face. He went forward and kissed Akshara's forehead, who was now sitting on the bed.
"Good morning" she smiled back, still suspicious of what he was doing earlier. "What were you saying Abhi? I just heard that-"
"Did you sleep well?" he asked with a wide smile again.
"Yes...sleep.. oh shit! I slept??? Abhi.. how are you now? Last night-"
"Last night, I just had a bad dream! And pls Akshu, don't make me recall that!"
"I'm sorry... but you're fine now?"
"Obviously baby, look at me!"
She smiled at him and he pulled her in for a hug. She locked her hands around his torso and inhaled his scent, causing relief to her disturbed soul.

"Chalo let me get ready now! I have a surgery early morning, and I'll be back by the afternoon. Then we can spend all our time together." He smiled.
"Okay..." she replied with a child like smile making his heart flutter!
"Hayeee, itni pyaari biwi kaise mil gayi mujhe?"
"Kismat se!" they both laughed and he pulled her into a hug again.

___________________________________

As soon as he left for the hospital, Akshu came back and checked his drawers. As expected, she found the medicine drawer all messed up. To confirm her suspicion, she saw an empty packet of his anxiety pills on the floor!

"Knew it!" she said to herself and collapsed on the floor!
"Abhi, why dont you share things with me? I know you do not want to see me upset or guilty for your condition, but I'm your wife... and I deserve to know everything about you!" she sobbed.

But this was not the time to waste on such thoughts, or being guilty for what has already happened. It was time to cure, from whatever has affected them in the past. It was time to heal, and Akshara, will just do that, for her docman!

I am shocked at how they ignored the issue of Abhi taking pills for anxiety, depression, insomnia or whatever! Specially, when there could be such amazing abhira scenes regarding this.

Anyways, any guesses for what Akshu has planned? :)