A New Start

Pre-read: Akshara and Abhimanyu have reconciled post their one year separation the previous night. Both have forgiven each other and are ready to embrace a new future together. 

Sun rays fell on Akshara's face. She blinked her eyes and then suddenly shot them open when she felt tightly clutched by something. Slowly, she registered a familiar musk. Abhi. She was with Abhi, tightly enclosed in his arms. He left no space for her to move, as if she would disappear the moment he would do so. She realised half her weight was on him and they were sleeping in the closest proximity possible. She smiled at how Abhi slept like a child in her embrace. She recalled that horrific moment where she realised of him talking pills for anxiety and sleep deprivation. And today when she saw him deep in sleep, she realised all he needed to cure himself was her. Just her presence was enough. She kissed his forehead, making sure his sleep doesn't get disturbed at all. Freeing himself from his tight hold, she pulled up the comforter upto his neck and then left to freshen up

After almost half an hour, she came out from the bathroom, her wet hair tied in a towel. She looked at the clock and the time was 8 am

'Abhi used to wake up at around 6 am only. Its getting too late now.. should I wake him up?' Akshara thought to herself.
Tiptoeing towards the headside, she caressed his face and Abhimanyu flashed his eyes open.

"Sorry Abhi! You can sleep if you want to, I was just..."
"Sshhh, whats the time jaan?"

'jaan' , she slowly registered that word and a smile appeared on her face.

"8 am..." she spoke softly. 
"Oh shit!" He sat with a jerk. "I'm so sorry Akshu, I- I dont know how could I sleep till 8.... I thought I'll wake up before you and make breakfast and.... oh no I had planned so much!! Did you feel bad or-" Abhimanyu kept whining like a kid making Akshara burst into laughter.

He stopped mid sentence when he heard that soothing laughter after ages. His favourite laughter, his favourite voice. He looked up at her face and she just looked... angelic.

"Abhi, its okay. I thought to wake you up, but you were sleeping so peacefully so I just couldn't.."
"Akshu, my peace has returned back to me with your presence in this room." He smiled and she blushed lightly.

"Okay Akshu, I hope you didnt have any problem in finding things in bathroom.. and I.. I have changed a lot of things in this room because... I mean you can set them back according to your preference again.." He gave a guilty smile.

Akshara moved forward, though a little hesitant, but cupped his face. "I had no problem Abhi, and together, we can fix this all together." They both knew she wasn't talking about the room decor. He just nodded, giving her an approving smile. 

At that point, Akshara could feel an awkwardness between them. She knew everything cannot get back to normal just like that, but they can try... at least! She bent down and kissed his forehead.

Abhi just closed his eyes, and felt himself lost at the moment. He felt her lips on his skin after one whole year. He could still feel that softness of the lips and fragrance of her lavender perfume as she came closer. She pulled apart and their eyes locked. The same old love dripping from the glances they were giving to each other.

Abhi pulled her in his lap and she smiled again. She locked her hands behind his neck and rested her face on his chest. He inhaled her scent and closed his eyes. They stayed like that for a while.

"I missed you Akshu.." Abhi broke the silence after 15 minutes.
"I missed you too.." She softly replied.

He held her closer and kissed her hair. 

"You will never leave me again na? Promise me Akshu. I- I just cannot afford to miss this warmth again!"
"Never! Even if you yourself will ask me to leave, I won't. I love you Abhi, and only I know how have I survived this one whole year. I felt suffocated without you." He could see tears forming in her eyes, and as a reflex action wiped them off instantly.
"No more tears Akshu. I promise this is the last time I'm seeing you cry. I know even I am the reason for-"
"Sshh!" She kept a finger on his lips. "We have already had this discussion."

She could easily decipher how her tears had made him guilty all over again. In order to comfort him, she cupped his face again. She kissed his forehead, his eyes, his cheeks and finally took in his lips. 

The kisses took him completely by surprise. It gave him an indication that Akshu was really trying to mend the things between them and take their relationship forward. He kissed her back, tears forming in both their eyes. They put in all the longing, desperation, possession in that one kiss. Abhi licked her lips and asked for an entry and she obliged. Their tongues fought a battle of dominance eventually breaking that one barrier of awkwardness between them.

______________________________________

Okay okay, pehle toh I am really very sorry for disappearing. I had like A LOT going in my life. I mean I know it hurts when your fanfics are left in between but just a thing that we do have a life beyond this and personally, mine was going through a very rough phase. Still, I am very sorry. Very honestly, I'm still not in a position to update the fanfic- Love Finds Its Way because again, its hard to find time and specially mental peace. Also, the insane disconnect I had with abhira in this whole separation track, I cant even explain! I felt they wrote all the stupid tracks in these 2 months, but anyways! Now the episodes post truth revelation look really better and I am excited for upcoming :)
Today's dream sequence just made me realise that their always will remain an awkwardness between abhira, even after reunion.. so I just tried to pen how they'll break it. 

ALSOO, thankyou for the insane amount of dms and comments I've been seeing on my last fanfic. Honestly, I didn't expect people to be this attached with my work. Lots and lots of love and apologies to you guys. Hope to see you soon again <3.