Chapter 77

[𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐕]

After I left the makeshift hotel, I directly head towards the location to meet the person that I'll be discussing some important matters tonight.

It was rather a quite peaceful evening if I must say and only this cold atmosphere of the wind is in currently in the way though I guessed I'd already knew that it would be this way since I'm standing on one of Liyue's highest mountain to begin with.

I looked down and saw the sea's clear waters as well as the reflection of the moon that illuminates the sea.

I looked up from above me and I was then met with the dazzling brightness of the moon in front of me.

After a while, I finally heard some faint footsteps that's approaching my way from my back so I couldn't help but to smile at myself.

"I was now doubting myself for a moment that you wouldn't show up tonight... Morax."

"...Well you know that I always don't go back on my words, Y/N." He responded behind me.

"Of course... Well aside from that, I'm already aware that you received the full meaning of my statement earlier?" I questioned him while still fixing my gaze towards the moon.

"Indeed, and judging from your secretive words earlier— I'm guessing that you did that to keep Beelzebul away from all of this? ...Or am I mistaken?"

I chuckled a bit.

"Yes, I just... Wanted to protect her even though that she can handle herself from–"

"...."

I then fall silent.

Morax seem to noticed my quietness so he decided to stay silent as well.

After that, I quickly cleared my throat.

"...Anyway, I brought you here in the middle of the night so I can ask you about the contract that we'd made centuries ago..."

"Hmm, yes. You and I have a contract and I already told you before that you are free to discuss anything at all within the scope of said 'contract'."

I pondered for a moment.

Once I fully gathered my thoughts, I turned around to face him normally.

"The contract that we'd made... A contract between me who helped you fight your battles a thousand years ago."

[Flashback (A thousand years ago)]

"...."

"...I'm surprised that you managed to see all my facade— though what can I expect from the God of Contract?"

"Even the God of Wisdom, Buer, still haven't found my true identity, unless... She had her own doubts— or maybe she already knows the truth but didn't say anything."

I then looked sternly at him.

"Though there are many times that we've spent together here in the mortal world, why do you wish to confront me now, Morax?"

His actions suddenly made me speechless when he slowly kneel down on one knee and bow down his head in front of me.

"As much as I want to talk to you normally and treat you right now as one of my closest friends, you're still my superior and I truly respect that but... I believed that you're sorely mistaken about me— meeting you here in your realm, Y/N."

"Oh? Then what is it that you truly desire, Morax?"

He stayed silent and closed his eyes before reopening them and slowly looks at my piercing gaze towards him.

"I was going to ask for your assistance on the Archon War–"

"Celestia was the one who proudly announced the seven divinity seats of an archon from the heavens, and I'm part of it. So tell me, Morax, why should I trust you? Why should I help you?"

"...Y/N, I would like to clarify that asking for your assistance isn't my idea of having an advantage for my own personal gain but rather— this is for my people that I wanted to protect."

"...."

Why are they so desperate when it comes to protecting this humans..? Even Ei and Makoto are liked this...

Humans are not so good-natured that they will leave us alone; however... We involved ourselves in this war, and for that— they will pursue us.

"...Hmm, a god who's currently asking for an assistance from a Sustainer... You know you're much powerful than you think you are Morax and I must say that I admire you for your courage in facing me."

I then sighed, "How about this, I say we make a contract to one another, O God of Contract?"

"...A contract you say?" He repeated.

"Yes, however... Might I remind you that I refuse to use my own celestial abilities in the mortal world since I have my own set of rules."

"Of course, I understand, you're still the God of Destiny when it comes to the people of Teyvat."

I nodded, "Good, then the contract will be like this; I will help you and save as much of your people from the Archon War in exchange for a one and only command that you cannot refuse nor denied from me."

"So? A very simple request isn't?" I questioned him.

"...It's hard for me to say this but all I need to do for you to help my people is to follow a single order that actually came from you?"

"Yes, even though that I don't need a helping hand right now— maybe I'll be needing that kind of unique help from you in the future. So, do you agree to this kind of contract?"

I offered him my hand and met his eyes. He just softly smiled and grabbed my hand as I also helped him stand up since he was still kneeling a second ago.

"You have my word and sincerest gratitude, Y/N."

"...I'll do my best since this contract has already been signed by us on this current moment."

[Present]

After I finished recalling the day to where the both of us signed that so called 'contact', I then closed my eyes and directly asked him about my own doubts about this contract.

"Morax, If I remembered it correctly... A contract is whether you're in a close relationship with that person or not— a contract will still be a contract and the rules that they'd set for that contract must be followed, yes?"

"...That's correct. Contracts cannot be used to define friendship, nor measure sentiment."

When he finally confirmed my thoughts, I let out a faint smile and opened my eyes.

"Good, then I don't have to worry about that certain vision of mine. And if that day ever comes, I truly hope that you wouldn't hesitate to what I'm about to order you for, Morax..."

I locked eyes with him once more while he stayed silent and looked deeply into my eyes before nodding.

"Of course."