The One with Bad News

I looked one last time at the Mystical Forest with an aim. I glimpsed Felix, my pet Pegasus, and called to him with a smile. He came to me, and I must admit he never ceased to radiate beauty and confidence despite his visible scars, which only grew as he walked towards me. The sun was kind today and hid behind the clouds. Which gave us a better opportunity for Felix to ride the sky and report what was happening.

Felix was the one good thing that happened as a result of the virus. He's my miracle, my confidant, and my protector. But he was not the only animal species that was blessed with wings.

"My Felix, do you still remain hidden in the forest to watch over me?"

I smile and pet him, which he neighs pleasantly.

Romeo, the woods are no longer safe. Rumor has it that the animal kingdom is being caught and terrorized by the Zombies. They are getting closer and want revenge. And...

"What else, Felix?"

Professor Singh is planning to have your head in two weeks' time for killing the Zombie leader, her lover.

"She disgusts me. How can a human be intimate with a decaying corpse?"

That's not all. There is –

We were rudely interrupted as Warriors of the Night arrived; thus, Felix had to fly afar. No one needed to see that there was yet a remaining Pegasus roaming freely around. Some, to their ignorance, believe Pegasus are bad omens.

Bullocks.