Or So We Thought

"Romeo, wake up my dearest sister," I heard a faint whisper.

"Momma?"

"No silly," someone chuckled, "it's me, your Juliet."

My eyes shot open wide.

"What the—" Malissa and Maximus said in unison.

Elvis came to my aid and pushed me gently back to the comfortable pillow.

"How?" Elvis asked as hope filled his dreaded face.

She chuckled again. "I never murdered her. This scene was part of Phase 4."

I coughed, choking on my saliva. I looked at my body and saw they covered my wound up, and Juliet in Chains beside me.

I smiled at the comic scenery. Juliet must be very pleased with all the dramatics, just like her favorite cartoons when she was younger.

I gathered my strength, which wasn't much, and spoke to my most loyal companions.

"We knew that Naomi—I mean Professor Singh had a plan, but we didn't know the extent or details. One of my in-tells in Team Alpha had announced that the machine was reallocated."

"So Romeo and I knew that your in-tell, Elvis, was falsely announced."

Elvis looked hurt and turned to me. "I wouldn't betray you."

"I know," I spoke softly. "You aren't the mole, but your in-tell was."

For a moment, a realization hit my team. They calculated it and understood who's been giving us false information for the past three weeks.

"So you needed a distraction. Something that announces your death and makes Professor Singh realize her enemy is dead," Malissa chopped in.

"Therefore, there's no opposing threat on her or her Zombie creation," Maximus continued.

"Exactly," Juliet and I replied in unison.

I stood up slowly and went to unlock her chains, and hugged her so tight I almost cracked her rib.

"I'm so proud of you, little one."

She beamed at me like I'm the most important person in her life.

"Now we have the official location of Professor Singh's machine, as well as knowing who the mole was in our team," I eyed each of my teammates.

Though I was limping towards them, I couldn't have been more alive and free. Finally, we got Naomi. Finally, it will be the end of her.

"How long have I been out?" I asked Juliet.

"2 months, Captain."

I looked at Ryan and smiled, "Speedy healing was your doing, wasn't it?"

"Yes, Captain."

He saluted with pride.

"Good. 2 months makes her believe that I'm a goner. And that's our greatest asset."

"Ryan found the cure, at last! We retrieved the machine and started a riot after your assumed death," Maximus remembered.

"Excellent work, Doctor."

"Nice work ladies, and gentlemen of course," I added.

I bowed in gratitude for their loyalty and gave instructions to start battle form.

They cheered and left to prepare for Battle. Our one final battle.

"You are in no condition to lead a War, Romeo," Juliet whispered as she sat me down.

"On the contrary, I haven't been more prepared, my little one."

I placed my forehead onto hers and whispered a sacred poem my father used to recite whenever we are out facing our challenges.

I hugged her and gave her the go to lead our team to victory.

My little one will be a great leader one day. Though young in age, her soul is much older than mine.

I looked in the mirror as I wore our battle clothes. I loved this very shield and sword as they belonged to my mother. She was our fiercest of us all before she was turned by Naomi.

We will bring you back, Momma.

Tonight we attack.

Tonight, Professor Singh falls and humanity is revived.

Tonight, Naomi is mine. And I'll get to meet my father and brothers again.