Lights

"I'm so nervous. I don't know how you're not nervous. Are you sure he's coming? Maybe this is a bad idea. What if he hates me? We should just go," you ramble, fidgeting your hands around in your coat pockets as you rock back on your heels, eyes flicking constantly between the bar and the hostess station by the entrance.

"Hey, hey, hey," Namjoon grabs your forearms, steadying you as you try to rock back onto your heels once more, "it's going to be okay. He's going to love you. I love you. Take a deep breath for me, just like that. One more, and exhale. Good, good."

His attempt at calming your nerves only works for a moment. The thundering of your heartbeat returns as soon as he releases your forearms and your eyes go back to the hostess stand. "I don't know if I can do this, Namjoon." Despite trying to snuff out the fear in your voice, your words sound breathless even to your own ears.

"Baby, look at me," he prompts, pulling your attention back to him, his hands going back to your forearms. "If you don't want to do this we can leave, I'll text him right now and tell him there's been a change of plans. Do you want to leave?"

You chew your bottom lip for a moment. "How are you not nervous?" you ask, choosing to ignore his question for now. The thing is, you don't want to leave. But, you're also having a hard time swallowing the idea of what tonight is all about.

"I am nervous. Nervous about two very important parts of my life finally coming together." Namjoon tugs one of your hands from the pocket of your coat, threading his large fingers between yours. Like always, the gentleness in his tone and demeanor sends little flutters through your belly.

"Promise it'll be okay?" you whisper, titling your chin up to better look him in the eye.

A warm smile splits his face. "I promise." He presses a gentle kiss to the corner of your mouth. "I promise," he reiterates in a voice just as soft as the caress of his lips.

"You better be glad I love you so much," you laugh softly, shaking your head. "This is kind of crazy, right? We're really going to ask him? You're sure he's the one?" You're rambling again, a nervous habit. "Maybe we should get a drink while we wait. Let me just go," you prattle on, turning to approach the bar. Namjoon tries to snag your attention, calling your name and reaching for the hand you just pulled from his, but you're already mid-step in turning around. Your words cut off abruptly as you smack right into a wall– a wall of muscle.

You gawk openly, mouth hanging open still trying to form a word. Strong hands steady you, gripping your elbows. "Whoa, wasn't expecting to get this close just yet. But, hey, I'll take it," the wall offers with a smirk and a wink. Because walls, ones made of a man like this, can be quirky like that while still remaining devastatingly sexy.

"Jungkook," Namjoon's tone is gentle and warm.

"Oh!" You snap your mouth closed. "You're uh...well, I umm...it's just, you're...him," words fumble from you, unimpeded but incomplete. Heat crawls up your neck as embarrassment blooms through your chest and cheeks.

"Him, huh?" That smirk tugs a little higher, his dark eyes taking on a smoldering glint. "I think Namjoon has some explaining to do." Those dark eyes flick from your face to over your shoulder. "You said she was beautiful, but that word doesn't do her justice. Just wow." His eyes come back to you. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you." Jungkook gives your arms a small squeeze before one of his hands travels down your arm and grips yours. He brings your hand up, brushing his lips across your knuckles.

"Laying it on a bit thick don't you think?" Namjoon laughs, coming up behind you and taking your hand out of Jungkook's.

"Just trying to charm the pants off your girl," Jungkook replies, the smirk gone and replaced by an easy smile. "Nice to see you, man." He claps Namjoon on the shoulder. "Let's get a drink and you can talk to me about whatever it is you said was so important."