Chapter 25

Chapter 25
Days later:
     I jumped off my back into a sitting state. Beads of sweat travelled down my face and my breathing was insanely fast. My eyes were a tad blurry, but they adjusted to the light with every passing second.
    “Henry, are you alright?!” Katie asked.
I scanned the walls around me hastily. Why was I in the nurses’ office at school?
I jumped off the bed and walked around the office, trying ever so desperately to gather my thoughts.
    “Henry, slow down,” Daphne pleaded. That was when I noticed that she was even in the room. And so was Clyde.
    But that didn’t matter to me in the moment. All I could remember then was;
    I was taking an evening stroll and was close to the school when I noticed something shady that triggered the hellish feeling I got from Mrs. Lever. I saw her leave the school grounds and from the looks of things, she didn’t want to be followed.
    I followed her from a safe distance to an alley-way close by. I saw her talking to someone and that was it. I couldn’t remember jack of what happened after.
    I strained every of my brain cell, but I just couldn’t remember.
    I could just let it go, but my insides were not at peace. It was like when you could sense a storm coming, but what I felt was coming wasn’t some average storm. Something dangerous was coming.
    “Henry!” Clyde yelled, causing me to stop.
    “What the hell is going on? We found you unconscious a block away from school,” he said.
    ‘Did she drug me? How wasn’t I able to do anything?’ I asked myself.
    “Henry, we need an explanation.”
With them talking and asking me to explain what I couldn’t remember, they were just pushing me deeper into stormy waters. I couldn’t take it.
    “Can you be quiet?!!” I yelled and the room fell silent.
     “Alright Henry, one at a time.”
     I took in deep breaths and started putting together the pieces of the puzzle I had.

      ‘I knew something was up. Daiwi told me to meditate and I did. I knew it had something to do with Lever, but I didn’t know what. I need to remember what I heard them talking about, but ho--’
    And then it hit me. In that moment, I remembered what I needed to do to remember what had happened.   
      “Daphne, can you order ice?” I asked the rich girl.
    “Ice?” she asked.
    “Yes. I’ll explain everything, but please just order about two bags of ice cubes.”
     She stared at me with scared and confused eyes. All three of them shared that state of mind.
      “Alright fine,” she agreed and pulled out her phone.
    “Thank you.”
    Without hesitation, I turned to Clyde.
    “Clyde, do you know where I can get a bath-tub that I can sit in?”
    “What the hell is going on?!” he asked.
I ran my fingers through my hair and took in yet another deep breath.
    “I swear I’ll explain everything. But right now I need a tub.”
    “There is one in the cheerleader’s bathroom,” said Katie.
    “Great. Let’s head there now,” I said hurriedly.
    “Ice is on its way,” said Daphne.
    “Thank you. Now let’s--”
    “We’re not moving until you tell us what exactly is going on,” said Clyde. They all looked dead set on knowing what exactly was going on. It was a moment of ‘tell them, or get nothing done.’
    I explained everything to them. I explained how I felt uncomfortable around Mrs. Lever and how I overheard a conversation.
    I couldn’t tell the cops as I couldn’t bother law-enforcement under the basis of; I just don’t feel comfortable around her.
    They weren’t comfortable with the fact that I was making a huge deal from something that was just a hellish feeling, so I had to fill them in on the fact that I was a Taioui practitioner of the ninth rank, trained by Lexi (my older sibling student who was well known for Taioui)
    “So what you’re saying is, our Physics teacher is plotting something and it’s something dangerous you can’t ignore,” Clyde said.   
     “Yes, and if I don’t remember what it is exactly, it’s going to be very bad for everyone.”
Daphne’s phone rang.
    “The ice is here,” she said, looking at her phone.
    “I’ll help with getting it to the cheerleader’s bathroom. You go get ready for whatever you have planned,” said Clyde, hurried out of the nurses’ office with Daphne.
    Katie and I hurried to the cheerleader’s bathroom to get things ready. We put water into the bath-tub while Clyde poured in one bag of ice. I stopped him just when he was halfway through the second bag.
    “Alright, now that that’s set, what do you want to do?” Daphne asked.
    I took in a very deep breath and spoke.
    “Before I crossed over from a Taioui practitioner of the eighth to the ninth rank, I carried out a meditation technique known as Athed.”
    “Woah! Woah! There’s no way you think we’d let you carry out Athed,” said Clyde.
    “What’s Athed?” Katie asked.
    “It’s an anagram,” Clyde replied with a shaky voice.
    “For what?” Katie asked.
Clyde paused and stared at me.
    “Death.”