Origin

I'm no one special. A decent fourteen year old nerd. I don't know anything about my father, since I haven't seen him before. He died not long before I was born, and my mother won't tell me anything about him. Speaking of my mother. She was a teacher in an academy far away from home, so I had to stay with my siblings at home. Though, I would not say my mum is your everyday ordinary mother. She is special in a way. I don't know how, but my family told me my mum was special, as if she had some inhuman cells in her body. I live in a world where magic is everything, pretty much like Black Clover (the anime) except we don't use grimoires. It is a natural habit, the magic runs through our veins. There are different three classes of magic users.

The most common: Manifested Users. Those are the people who came intact with magic or a magic item.

Second: Hybrids. Their parents are a non-magic user and a magic user. There are a few hybrids who inherit the magic user's magic cells, which triggers and awakens their magic.

And lastly: Pure Blooded. Like my mother, both my grandparents where magic users, which made her inherit extra powered magic cells and that led her to be one of the most powerful magic users in the city I live in.

I'm a hybrid magic user. Well, I can't use magic, so I would not call myself a magic user. Not even manifested. My three siblings are hybrids, since they can use magic.

Not long after my mother went to a new academy, we got news that she was killed. Then it was revealed that she controlled light magic. My grandparents were polar opposites, my grandpa controlled fire magic while my grandma controlled water magic. Both my grandparents and my mother were Celestials. They had mastered their elements. For my father, no one told me what he was. I did not know if he was a magic user or not, but as far as I know, my parents went by the name: The Guardians. Why? Hell if I know. They were nicknamed before I was even born. And what's more that I found out after my mother was killed. 

As for my siblings, my oldest brother: Klaus, controls Light magic, like our mother, his control of his magic is insane, and that means he is close to a Celestial level.

 My sister: Victoria, controls Air magic, unlike anyone in the family, she is still learning on how to control it.

 As for me: my lame ass doesn't have any magic whatsoever. But the unusual thing is that I see in clearly in darkness, and I stay in the dark most of the time. I'm sure that's what triggered my hair to turn from smokey brown to pitch black. As I previously mentioned, magic is everything in the world, so it is not unusual for my hair colour to change.

My youngest brother: Benjamin, he controls Earth Magic. He is pretty much a novice Elemental, and by far, he can create small bumps in the ground as well as holes.

Pathetic, aren't I?

So by far, I've mentioned all elements except one. There are six elements. Besides the main 4, stands Light and Dark. These two rare elements were categorized recently in the Book Of Elements. It's a book which records all elements discovered by humans over time. Light and Dark are the most recent two. Light is an element which exceeds the speed, strength, capacity, and endurance of the other four. Light magic is crowned to be the strongest among all elements. It stands on top. At a summit of a mountain, the sun will always be there, only hidden by clouds, right?

But, it's superior statistics were short lived. An unclassified element appeared in the world, bringing both peace and chaos simultaneously. One man was responsible. One man controlled the darkness. The Druid. He was a true despair to all the magic organizations. That's when they unleashed a light magic user. She was powerful enough to defeat him, or so she thought. Soon after the battle, her family was butchered. Only the smell of blood filled her nose. That's when she gave into the darkness, and that was her true defeat. Since that battle, three centuries ago, no dark user had appeared. Lately, though, people rumored about a man, a strange man, enveloped with mysteries, was a dark magic user. Dark magic controls the domain of the underworld. In other words: Oblivion. In the past few days, the rumors quieted down, and the man was said to have disappeared from the city.

That was the tale I've heard. I don't know whether it's true or false, but as far as I know that dark magic is indeed real. I have seen many things that were caused of this magic. Ruined buildings, frozen undead. Everything one hoped not to see was there. The City Of Darkness is what they called it. A city that underwent a massive war, and let to its destruction. Yes, it was caused by the dark magic of ancient times, but only its user is rumored about. Only the clash between the two elements was true. The destruction left by that clash was the only evidence that it actually happened. 

There is one other thing I forgot to mention.

In The City Of Darkness, light magic users are weakened incredibly. Also, only the light magic users are affected by that city. The others are weakened, but not as much as the light magic users. Yet, another rumor says that only dark magic users can use their magic to its fullest extent in The City Of Darkness. TCOD is said to be the domain of dark magic, but I don't believe that it is. Remember when I said each element has its very own natural domain? Then how come a result of a damaged city from a battle becomes an element's domain? Especially polar opposite elements clashed? Doesn't make sense, does it?

All I am trying to say is that there is something the Magic Association knows about dark magic that it does not want the world to know.

In other words, the first dark magic user.