First Impression

My whole body ached. Something was burning inside of me. I sensed a sinister presence - but it wasn't anywhere to be seen. It seemed like it was invisible, yet detectable. Was it inside of me? I did not know, but all I knew is that I had to get that thing out of me. How? No idea.

I suddenly had a flash of memory flood my brain. Purple flames... Screaming.... Fear.... It suddenly came to me.

I lost control. The fear of those who were around me. My brother's fear. My sister's fear. Something I never dreamt to sense. I had no idea how long have I lost my consciousness, which resulted in the loss of my control as well. That single wave that longed to be freed was finally released. However, it released a disastrous typhoon instead of a single harmless wave.

This didn't concern me.

What concerned me was something worse... something....some sort of presence was within me. It was as if I had awakened something that should've never been. I couldn't remember what I saw, but I remember the blood stains. Where? I don't remember. Whose? I don't remember. All I could do was lie in bed, and let guilt engulf me for what I've done. The damage that was around me. The chaotic atmosphere that took over our house. I rubbed my temples, thinking what I can do to atone. You may think that I'm overestimating the matter, but here's the fact: I'm not. My family was already a broken one. I don't know the identity of my father, and I lost my mother too soon. Now all I do is live with my siblings, being a powerless idiot while all of them will get accepted to the greatest magic academy when they apply. The Academy Of Magic. A school where only the prestige and excelling Elementals go starting from the age of fifteen. Me--who's got no magic whatsoever--will never be able to make it to such a place. I'm just as hopeless and useless as everyone around me says. I'm a disgrace to my family. There's is no way for me to redeem myself. To prove them wrong. Why? Because they were always right. I'm always wrong. Nothing would change, even if I tried.

"YOU DAMNED IDIOT!" Victoria screamed from the other side of the room, snapping me back to cruel reality.

"Oh.. Hey...sis..." I replied with a shakenly.

"We were worried sick about you!" she said.

I snorted. "Worried? Why in the hell would you be worried about me?"

She remained silent for a moment, anger fueled in her eyes.

Well, shit. I pissed her off. I can only pray to the gods I don't die this very minute.

"Do you have ANY idea how long you've slept??" she asked angrily.

"Uhh. A few hours? I'm only a normal human you know." I replied, taking a sip from the cup of water beside me.

"Two weeks."

I choked on the water I was supposed to be drinking. "Two weeks?!"

She nodded slightly, then announced "By the way, there's a letter for you. You better come out and read it with us."

"Us?"

"Yes. We're a family aren't we? Plus, Klaus has to go back to the Academy by Monday."

Two days from now, and he'll be safer than he can ever hope to be. Far away from me, after the damage I've done.

"Hey! Are you zoning out? What? Are you in love or something?"

I got out of bed and gave her shoulder a little shove, "In love my ass. I'm a useless idiot."

Victoria frowned at me and grabbed my arm, "Hey... you're not a useless idiot. You mean a bloody lot to us. You have no idea what we'd do if we lost you. We'd go on a rampage, even little Benji."

I smiled at her comforting words, "You sound a lot like grandma right now."

She smiled warmly and simply said, "I take it as a compliment."

I made it to where my brothers were seated, and next to them sat a strange looking man. I had no idea who he is, but my instincts told me he's bad news. Or so I thought.

"Oh? You're Liam I suppose. Your brother spoke a lot about you." the man started.

I remained silent. I don't know why but I felt I shouldn't interact with that man too much. He's dangerous. Judging from his literal presence, the otherworldly pressure he emitted was enough to bring me on my knees. That man... he's a Celestial and I'm sure of it. I still stood still, calculating my every move. Why? As I said. My gut instinct told me not to speak with him.

"Don't be so tense around Mr. Venera. He's here to talk to you." Klaus said.

I did not meet his eyes. I mustn't. For what I've done two weeks ago.

The look on Mr. Venera dulled, it became more serious. He finally spoke, "What happened is in the past, Liam. Forget about that accursed incident. Your brother is not harmed. He is fine, and all damage done to him was healed. So no need to be wary."

"No need to be wary when I almost killed him? Are you kidding me? What kind of bullshit is this?! Listen old man, if you have something to say then-" I spat.

"LIAM ALANDRO! WATCH YOUR TONGUE! DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO?!" Klaus burst out, "I'm so sorry, Sir. I apologize for my brother's rude attitude."

The man just laughed. He was choking from laughing his guts off. What is he? Some sort of lunatic?

Yep, no going near that Mr. Lunatic.

"You're very much like him, young Liam."

"Who am I like?"

"You'll know soon enough. You'll know when you go to the place where your mother has learnt how to use her magic. The place in which youthful Klaus is learning magic at."

"Oh yeah? What if I told you I don't have magic. I'm hopeless, old man. I can't even sense magic, let alone learn it? You people have gone mad."

"Then how were you able to sense my presence? The pressure you felt. How did you feel it?" he asked.

"Any sane man would sense that." I replied coldly, "I'm not wasting my time."

When I was about to exit the room, the old geezer next words froze me in place.

"Do you want to know your father's identity? Who he really was? Who you really are?"

"My...father you say? No one has met that guy, he's unknown to people. Why would YOU of all people know who my father is? Even if, I have no interest in that cowardly bastard. Mother said not to speak of him, so I will not. I won't disappoint her even in death." I said.

"Liam. Come to the academy. I'll let you talk with the headmaster personally."

What. The. Actual. Fuck. HE'S NOT THE HEADMASTER?! No way in hell I'm going. I'm gonna get squashed like a cockroach if I go. No thank you, I'll pass.

I scoffed. "No thanks. I like being the useless idiot I am."

"Your mother has wished for you specifically to go the Academy Of Magic. She's left things only for you and you alone. Secrets to unlock. Your mother's last wish was that you, her second son, to go attend the academy. At least make that one wish come true." Mr. Venera said.

Mum's last wish, huh? Declining is not an option then.

"I don't believe you. Prove it, and I will attend." I paused for a moment, and shot the man a look of bloodlust, "because if it is not true, you will pay for using my mother's death as an excuse."

He froze for a moment but then said, "But why? You're more than enough to prove that."

With that he turned got up, turned for the door and said "We'll be expecting you within the next week. And do not worry. You will get all the guidance you require."

The door shut, turning the lights of hope within my head on.