Chapter 9

I want to stay like this forever   -   Leila

After I finish my test, I call Juan and ask him to come here and go eat some McDonald's. I'm craving their greasy food. When he gets here, at a top speed of 15 minutes when it definitely should be a 25-minute drive. He looks distressed.

"What is it? Is everything okay?" I ask him starting to get worried.

"Are you okay? You said you want McDonald's?? Is everything okay? You never eat McDonald's complaining about how all the oil will make you feel like shit tomorrow." He rambles on.

"Yes, I'm ok. I'm just feeling shitty. So I said why not feel shitty while eating shitty food..." I tell him and play with the ring on my finger. I'm still not used to having something so heavy on my fingers. Usually, all of my rings are very light. But this one has a beautiful blue diamond on top, and the outer ring has crystals on it about five on each side. Very small white crystals. And the rest is silver, pure silver.

It's heavy. But it's so beautiful. It reassures me that Zane won't cheat. If it even counts as cheating. A few days ago, we were surprisingly civil. And we talked and agreed on no cheating till the marriage is off. Which will be able to happen 3 years after we get married.

And then we are free to divorce. I hope we won't...

----------------

It's been a couple more months. The air is going crazy. It's May. I have been focusing on my studies a lot. And I have been getting straight A's. Zane and I... We get close and then one of us does something and we fight again and become distant once again.

I just really want her to hug me... I want her to tell me it'll be ok. I want her to kiss me. But of course, life is against me. We are currently sitting in the living room. I have to steam hot tea on the coffee table as I read a book, and Zane is typing away on her computer.

"Do you ever want a moment to freeze in time and just... Replay forever and ever?" I hear her ask. I lower my book and look at her. Only to find her already looking into my eyes. I mark the page with a little sticky note thingy and put my book down showing her I have her full attention.

"Yeah. Why the sudden question?" I ask back. She sighs and puts her laptop on the table as well. I take my cup in my hands and use it to warm myself up.

"I was just wondering..." She answers.

Yes. I want to freeze this moment. And just be like this. Be happy and content. I want to say. But I keep my mouth shut and sip my tea.

***************************
-----------------------------

I am bored leave me alone. Oh, I got my hair cut in a French crop. Yay.
-Alex