Chapter 3 "A new beginning"

When she finished her story, Jeremy looked down so sad like he wanted to cry. When he looked back up to look at her, he saw that she was running away. He yelled after her, "Isabella wait!!" When saw that she wasn't going to stop; he decided to run after her.

He caught her arm just in time before she went inside her house. She laid her head on her arm that was resting on the door and just kept looking down, still crying her eyes out from telling him that story and remembering all the bad memories.

She asked him, "Why did you follow me? You don't even know me."

He slid his hand down her arm and held her hand. He told her, "No, I don't know you, but I would like to know you. Also, it sounds like you need a friend after what happened to you. So, I am not going to say that you don't have nor ever had one."

He tried to look for her eyes, but couldn't find them.

He chuckled and told her, "Believe it or not, I don't have nor ever had a single friend either." He paused and asked, "So would you like to be my best friend?"

At first, she didn't say anything which made him kind of nervous (like he shouldn't have asked her); she turned around to look at him and told him, "Well, you are right. I don't even have any friends. Even before that day, I guess it's because I am a punk rocker and nobody likes punk rockers, for some weird reason. Also some kids used to pick on me because of my pink hair."

She paused for a moment and told him smiling, "So of course, I would love you to be your best friend. Also, would you like to live with me?"

He looked at her and blushed.

She looked at him realized what she said and blushed herself. Embarrassed she said, "You know as a roommate."

He smiles and says, "Of course, I knew that. Also, I would love to live with you.... as your roommate."

They both hugged each other with huge smiles on both of their faces.

***

Ever since that day Isabella and Jeremy have been living together for about two months and everything is perfect because they hardly ever fight or argue.

No matter how terrible her life has been since that day Isabella still goes to school.

One day while she was doing her homework Jeremy asked her, "So after what happened to you in the last eight years, why do you still go to school?"

She looked up at him for a second then looks back at her homework and says with a smile, "I go for my parents."

When he didn't say anything, she looked up to see him looking at her with a confused face.

She chuckled and told him, "My parents never finished school, because they had me. So, one day my dad came up to me and told me that he wanted me to finish school and not end up like him and my mom. Of course, I didn't understand what he was talking about back then, but now that I am a high school senior, I understand what he was telling me."

"This is my last year, as a senior, and then I will graduate for both me and my parents." She said with a smile.

Whenever she looked back up at him, she saw that he looked fascinated at her.

She asked him, "Why are you looking at me like that? Have you ever gone to school before?"

He looks at her laughs and says, "Of course, I just finished last year. I just forgot how it was like to be in school." (When the truth was that he was home school almost his whole life, but one year he did go to public school. He remembered a little girl with pink hair a light purple eyes.) 'Huh that must have been Isabella. She was so cute back then.' He can feel his face starting to get hot from his blush.

He tells her, "I remember you from grade school. You were so little and you were always by yourself. When your parents came and got you, you looked so happy and so did they. I could tell that they loved you so much and you loved them back."

She just looked at him managed a smile and says, "Yeah they really did and still do. I will always love them, for as long as I live." She looked down at her homework and started tearing up.

777 words