Chapter 6 "A surprise for Isabella"

When Isabella had come home from school later that day she calls out, "Jeremy I am home."

When she didn't hear him. She decides to look around the house to find him. Instead of finding him, she finds a big bag on the couch along with a note. 

She picked up the note and read out loud, 'Where this tonight. I am taking you somewhere very special- Jeremy.'

She looks at the bag and smiles. She looks around the room with her eye to see if he was playing a joke on her. When she didn't see any sign of him, she decides to go to her room and get ready just like he said on the note.

Whenever Jeremy got home, he looked around the house to find Isabella. He didn't find her he called her name, "Isabella, are you home?"

She yelled from her room, "Yeah, I am."

Seeing that she took the dress he left for her on the couch. He smiles and asked, "Did you find what I left on the couch for you?"

She said from on top of the stairs, "Why don't you see for yourself?"

He walked to the stairs and asked, "What do you mean?"

When he reached the bottom stairs, he looked up and saw her going down slowly. She was the most beautiful girl that he had ever seen in the world.

Jeremy could see that her pink hair was complete down and bouncing up and down from the loose curls as she was making her way down the stairs. The dress that he got for her was plain black with one big white bow on the right side with a black skull right in the middle of the bow.

Isabella could see him waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs as she made her way downstairs. He is wearing a black tuxedo with a white shirt and a black vest and tie and a white skull right in the middle also. He is smiling at her. He was the most handsome guy she had ever seen in the world. She stepped onto the floor right in front of him.

He had wide eyes. "Wow..." he said breathe taking, "...you look more beautiful than the day I first met you."

She laughed lightly and looked down and said, "Thank you and you look handsome yourself."

Right, when she was heading toward the door he said, "Wait."

She turned around with a confused face and asked, "Why?"

He took out his phone from his jacket pocket and said, "Say cheese."

They both smiled.

Since he is so much taller than she is; he stood behind her on the right side and she stood in front of him on the left side of him he pressed his face against hers. He held out his phone where he could take the picture of both of them and pushed the camera button.

He turned the camera around and looked at it with Isabella and said, "Wow you look even more beautiful in a picture."

She looked and said, "Thank you."

He looked at her with a smile and asked, "Don't you think we make a cute couple?"

She looked at him and said, "Yeah we do."

She headed toward the door; then she stopped because he grabbed her hand. She turned around to look him in the eyes.

He told her, "I know that this is way overdue, but will you be my girlfriend?"

She looked at him smiling and says, "Thought you would never ask."

He pulled her to him slowly and gave her a gentle kiss. Just like the day on the hilltop.

They were walking down the street hand in hand. She still has no idea where he's taking her to her surprise. "Where are you taking me?" She asked again.

He looks at her with his peripheral vision smiles and tells her, "Now you know that is your eighth time asking me that; I am going to keep telling you the same thing I have been saying if I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise."

She just looks at him and says, "You know if it wasn't for you being my boyfriend I would just let go of your hand and head back home."

He looks at her smiling and asks, "Oh. Is that right?"

She just nodded her head and laughed lightly and kept walking with him.

Right, when she was about to ask again for the tenth time she stopped in mid-sentence because they stopped right in front of the castle.

She gave him a look and asked, "What are we doing in front of the royal castle?"

He smiles at her leans to her ear and says, "This is your surprise."

He goes back to where he was standing to look at her face. She was shocked.

He continued to say, "While you were at school, we got an invitation saying we were invited to the annual black and white ball." He looks at her with a worried face and said, "I hope that you're not mad at me for telling you right away that we were invited, but I wanted to make it a surprise for you."

She looks at him and says, "How can I be mad? We are here in front of the royal castle invited to the black and white ball." She looks at the castle with tears rolling down her face.

"Why are you crying then?" He asked worriedly.

She looked down and paused. She looked back up to the royal castle and says, "Because the royal castle is even more beautiful close-up. I also remembered that my dad had always wanted to take me and my mom to this ball, but he never had enough money to take us. So, we pretended to dress up and have our black and white ball at our house. I just can't believe that I am here for once."

He looks at her with a smile and tells her, "Well, believe it because you are going into the castle and going to the black and white ball." He gave her a gentle kiss and headed inside hand in hand.

Whenever they entered the ballroom it almost seemed like the music, dancing, and talking had stopped all at once. They both saw a bunch of people whispering to each other. Jeremy knew exactly why all the people were whispering to each other; that they couldn't believe that the prince is at the royal ball with a village girl. He was wondering if Isabella knew, but whenever he looked at her, she had a big smile on her face.

'Good, she doesn't know yet.' He said in his head with relief.

"For a royal ball, the king and queen sure do know how to pick some good music, huh?" She whispered to him.

He nodded and whispered back, "Yup they sure do."

Jeremy can tell that Isabella wants to dance, but he thinks whenever he goes and dances with her everyone will back up into a circle and watch them dance and pl, us, he is just too nervous to.

When he looked at Isabella again, she is dancing in place this time. She goes up to him and says, "Oh my... I love this song. It is my favorite."

He turns his head and sees her dancing slowly side to side. 'Ok, that is it. I don't care if the people go into a circle and see me dancing with her. I love her and I am going to dance with her to her favorite song.' He says in his head determined.

He walks up to Isabella sticks his hand out and asks her, "Would you like to dance with me?"

She just looks at him and says, "Yes of course I would."

They walk up to the dance floor and started to slow dance to the song.

1328 words