Chapter 8 "Happily ever after?"

When the next morning came Jeremy grabbed the ring from on top of the fireplace that he had planned to give Isabella and ran to her house hoping that she wasn't mad at him anymore. Whenever he reached her house there was a note taped to the door for him.

As he read Isabella's voice said, 'Dear Jeremy, I am sorry but I can't live in this village anymore. I love you too much and the law says that you can't marry a village person... like me. I am leaving today at noon. I hope you live a full and happy life.
Goodbye forever, Isabella.'

He felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. "How can I live a full and happy life when you are not there with me?" He told himself hopelessly. He looked at the time on his watch and realized he had ten minutes to get to the train station and stop her from leaving him forever.

He made it to the train station just in time before Isabella got on to her train. Right when she was about to abroad the train.

He grabbed her hand in time and told her, "Wait, Isabella, before you go on the train. Just hear me out please and if you still feel like you should leave forever you can. I won't hold you back."

She looked at him than his watch and said, "Ok you got five minutes before my train leaves."

He sighed and said, "Ok, do you remember the night at the black and white ball you told me that you loved me?"

She nodded with tears in her eyes and said, "Yeah I remember. Why?"

He looked at her and chuckled and told her smiling "I wanted to tell you that I loved you too but when the announcer came and said that I was a prince you ran off and you wouldn't give me a chance to tell you."

She told him, "Well, that is because a prince can't be with a village person like me. It's against the law."

He told her, "Yes I know that, but..."

She looked at him with some hope coming into her eyes and asked, "But what?"

He took a deep breath and said, "But I don't care what the law says. I love you. So, I am going to be with you even if it is against the law. So, with that said..." He bent down on one knee and said, "Isabella Anderson..."

She looked down at him. She could feel the hot tears coming from her eyes. She asked, "Yes, Jeremy Chambers?"

He asked with the ring in his hand, "Will you marry me?"

She gasped with both hands in front of her mouth. She nodded with tears running down her cheeks and told him happily, "Yes, of course, I will marry you, Prince Jeremy Chambers."

He put the ring on her finger. Picked her up and spun her around put her back on the ground and looked her in the eyes and kissed her.

So, within two months Isabella and Jeremy got married. Within four years they had two kids. A boy and a girl named Jeremy Jr. and Daisy. Thanks to her husband the prince, Isabella was no longer called A Diamond in the Rough.

Just like his mother said he abolished that law saying the prince or princess couldn't marry a village person forever. So just in case their kids fall in love with a village person and would want to marry those just like their parents did.

595 words