6

Lisa POV

On Monday I'm ready to walk through Kim Company's door, all nervous and with my best smile on my face.

'28th floor'.

I step into the lift and feel my heart racing. I can't believe I'm finally here, at one of Seoul's most promising companies, working directly for the marketing director. I remember Jisoo telling me that it took me so long to find a job because life was preparing me for something very good. How right she was.

The lift stopped with a beep on the 28th floor, I crossed the threshold and met Jimin.

JIMIN: Hi Lisa, welcome. -He smiled at me.

I smiled back.

LISA: Hello.

JIMIN: Follow me, I'll show you around.

I followed Jimin to the back of the office. My new colleagues were concentrating on their tasks and it seemed that the workload was high. I smiled thinking that I would now be part of this. My desk was in front of the marketing director's office, which was a huge room with glass walls, so we would be working face to face. I put my bag on my desk while Jimin explained overhead what I would have to do.

JIMIN: Anyway, Jennie will explain this to you... Oh, look, here she comes.

'Huh?'

I turned around to see Jennie walk through the door. Yes, that Jennie.

I opened my mouth with a stupid expression, I was in shock.

JIMIN: Lisa Manoban, this is Kim Jennie, the marketing director, you'll be working directly for her. And Jennie, this is the girl I was telling you about. -She winked at me.

Jennie... she's my boss. Jennie. I wanna cry.

She shook my hand to introduce herself. She looked at me seriously, expressionless, but I could see flashes of anger in her eyes.

JENNIE: Nice to meet you. -She didn't even try to force a smile. She turned to Jimin - Thank you Jimin, you can leave now.

I said goodbye to Jimin and watched him walk away as I thought that the only moment of respite I might have was going away with him. I'm stiff, I can feel my face burning. I can't see myself right now, but I know exactly what I look like: terrified. And shame. And all the bad feelings in the world concentrated. Of all the fucking people in Seoul, of all the fucking marketing directors in the city, my boss had to be Jennie.

JENNIE: Come into my office.

She headed to the door, gesturing me to follow her. Time was freezing around me, I didn't want to go in there, I didn't want to hear what she had to tell me, I just wanted to run away.

Jennie POV

I'm sitting at my desk with Lisa in front of me. She looks like she's about to run away. It's the first time I've had an assistant, the workload in the company has increased a lot in the last few months and I can't manage it alone. Momo from Human Resources has been helping me for the last few weeks, but every day it became clearer that we needed someone to fill the job. I let Jimin manage it, I let him convince me that the Thai girl who had gone to the same University as him and had done a brilliant Master's thesis was the perfect person for the job and I didn't even think to look at her CV, her photo, her name, nothing. I trusted him. I'm tempted to fire her right now and keep looking but we're running out of time and we can't start another selection process now. Besides, it would put Jimin in a bad light in front of my father, as he personally chose her.

But now Lisa is in front of me and I can't get out of my head the self-satisfied look on her face a few weeks ago when she told me that if I wanted her to, she would 'do me the favour of fucking me', and the last thing I want to do is to have to see her every day and pretend it's nothing.