The De Rune Legacy Pt I

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

1348, in the serene region of the Kingdom of France, Lord de Rune's family and the Corbin Siblings live in a fragile peace, while the borders of Guyenne tremble with the echoes of the war against the English.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

- - / Prologue: Destiny's Path / - -

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Kingdom of France, November 1348.

A Few Days Later

"Too Slow Dominic" I laughed. The boy was on the ground with his wooden sword as he hung his head in defeat.

"How are you so good at sword fighting?" The boy asked as he got up. I circled the arena we created out in the yard. A few servants laughed at us. Siblings having some fun after being here for three days.

"Father and Robert used to teach me, this was before I was taken away to the nuns at The Capital Cathedral" I laughed, swinging the wooden sword around my hand.

Dominic grabbed his stick and tossed it to the side. "It's no use if you're the master, you had the best knights teach you" he groaned playfully. I smiled at him.

"You're keeping up with me, which means you too can be one of the greats" I walked over to the bench that sat under the oak tree. Grabbing a rag to wipe off the sweat.

"How is your courtship with Amicia? Hopefully well?" I asked the boy. He sighed as he took a seat. "She's out of my league" he puffs out.

"How so?"

"She's too perfect, I can't marry her," Dominic chuckled, "She deserves better than me"

"What nonsense, you deserve a girl like Amicia" I reassured him. "Just don't be shy, have some confidence in yourself"

Dominic chuckled at my words. "At this rate, you would have better chances than I"

I shoved him lightly and twirled softly on the spot. I looked up to see a curious Hugo staring back at me. I waved to him in secret. He smiled at me. 

After our encounter, I made an effort to befriend him. Playing games and teaching each other about what we discovered with our favourite things.

I've also made an effort to befriend the Princess of the estate. It turned out we were similar when it came to being our fathers. Headstrong and lively.